T H R E E: jasper

Finn had intertwined his fingers with mine and dragged me along. We ran as fast as we could. We jumped over fallen trees and occasionally slipped in mud. All you could hear was the sound of our footsteps crunching the leaves and twigs and our breaths as we grew more and more exhausted.

We were right behind the Asian boy when he tripped and fell. I managed to slow myself down and avoid crashing into him because Finn let go of my hand. Scattered in front of the boy were various human-like bones.

"What are they?" I asked in between breaths as I picked up what looked like a skull.

Before anyone could answer my question, a loud scream shook the forest.

"Jasper," I said before sprinting to the river, not caring if the others followed or not.

Before I ran out of the trees, someone pulled me back.

"Athena, wait. Stay in the trees," Finn said as he let go of my arm.

The place where we last saw Goggle Boy was right in front of us but he wasn't there.

"Where is he?" Goggle Boy's friend asked.

"Whatever is here with us... took him," I replied.

"We have to go back to camp and get some more people," Finn ordered.

I continued to stare across the river, hoping somehow he would reappear. I felt a cold, clammy hand slip into mine and start to pull me away. I turned around and Finn was looking down at me.

"We'll get him back, Princess. I promise," he reassured me before wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

***

When we reached the camp, loud shouts could be heard. As we got nearer, we realized another fight had broken out between Wells and the blue eyed boy.

At this point, my leg began to hurt from the hike back to camp and I was limping painfully. Bellamy came over and helped us down the steep hill.

"Where's the food?" he asked no one in particular.

"We didn't make it to Mount Weather," I responded.

"What the hell happened out there?" he questioned.

"There are people who survived the radiation. There are survivors," I said breathlessly.

Finn walked over to me and hoisted me up, "Turns out when the last from the ground on the Ark died, he wasn't the last Grounder."

Finn helped me walk towards the dropship. Goggle Boy's friend eventually caught up and helped Finn get me to the dropship.

***

Inside the dropship, I cleaned my wound and wrapped it with a ripped off section of my shirt. Clarke came in a few minutes later with a backpack.

"Looks like you learned a lot from my mom," Clarke said with a smile.

"She really took over when my parents died," I said somberly. Clarke grabbed my hand and squeezed it, "And Clarke, I just wanted to apologize-"

"Oh, I've been looking for you girls everywhere," Wells interrupted.

"Nice pack," I greeted.

"Thanks. I just used some seatbelts and insulation. I also packed the parachute for Jasper," Wells stated.

"Good. Now, give it to someone else. You're not coming with us," Clarke said with a tint of annoyance in her voice.

I held my hand out for the pack but Clarke shot me a look and slapped my hand away, "You're not coming either. You need to rest that leg."

"Goggle bo-Jasper saved my life. Now it's my turn to save his. If I have to sneak out of this camp then I will," I defended.

Clarke sighed and started to head out the drop ship. I limped slowly behind Wells and Clarke as they continued to argue about whether or not Wells should join.
"You came back for reinforcements. I'm gonna help," Wells argued.

"Clarke, he's right. So far no one has volunteered," Jasper's friend agreed.

"You aren't going either Monty. You're too important," Clarke sighed.

Realizing that this argument was a waste of time, I brushed passed Finn and limped outside of the dropship. I continued to limp to the edge of camp when Octavia stopped me.

"Hey. I just wanted to say thank you for practically saving my life. But I'm sorry that it was you instead of me," she greeted.

I nodded and smiled in response as she engulfed me in a hug. By the time she pulled away, Clarke, Bellamy and Wells surrounded us.

"I hear you have a gun," Clarke said and Bellamy lifted his shirt to confirm her accusations. "Good. Follow me."

Sensing some tension, I looped my arm through Wells' and he guided me to the forest. The others trailed behind looking for anything that screamed that Jasper was there. Then, Bellamy and Clarke were once again arguing.

"As soon as you and Athena take those wristbands off, we can go," Bellamy commanded.

"If I do ever take this wristband off, it will be when I shove so far up your ass-" I started.

"Woah there. You're a feisty little princess, aren't you?" Bellamy laughed.

"Hey, why don't you find your own nickname?" Finn said as he walked to us from the trail we just came from.

"By the way, I think we should split up now to cover more ground," I suggested as I let go of Wells' arm and grabbed Finn's. "Clarke, come with us."

We split into two groups; Wells, the boy with the blue eyes, and Bellamy went one way and Finn, Clarke, and I went another. We walked aimlessly until we stumbled upon a small pond surrounded by rocks.

Finn immediately jumped in, "Come on, Princess. The water is fine."

I pointed at my leg, "Yeah, I don't think so."

"I'll take a break when we find Jasper," Clarke sighed.

I got up and walked behind her. She was still watching Finn when I pushed her into the pond. She resurfaced with an annoyed look and Finn began to splash her. I laughed until I spotted something on the other side of the pond. I slowly limped to the area and touched the warm, dark red liquid.

"Hey guys, I think he was close," I said as I wiped my hands on my pants.

Clarke and Finn quickly jumped out of the water and went searching for Bellamy, Wells, and the boy with the blue eyes.