E L E V E N: secrets

I joined Bellamy, Octavia and a few other delinquents in a tent to discuss our plan about the pod.

"If it cleared the ridge, it's probably near the lake," one of the delinquents determined.

"We should get moving. Everyone's ready," Octavia said.

"I don't think we should tonight. It's too dangerous with the Grounders around," I sighed.

Bellamy nodded, "It's too dark. It's not safe. We'll head out at first light. Pass the word."

When Bellamy's messengers left the tent, Octavia confronted us, "Everyone saw that thing come down. What is the Grounders get to it first? Athena, Bell, we should go now."

"Well, what if we do head out now and the Grounders are already there? Do you really want to attend that shit show?" I questioned.

"She's right. We'll head out when there's sunlight. Get some rest," Bellamy agreed as he walked out of the tent.

I followed after him and went to my own tent that was made a few nights ago. It was in a secluded part of the camp but still had a view of everyone and everything. As I emerged from my tent, I saw Bellamy sneak through an opening through the fence. I quickly grabbed the pack that I prepared for tomorrow's adventure and followed quietly behind him.

I was a few feet behind him when he approached a clearing. Suddenly, Octavia ran out and confronted him.

"Bellamy! What are you doing?" she asked.

"Go back to camp. It isn't safe," Bellamy sighed.

"You lied to everyone. You lied to me. You just want whatever is in that pod..."

"Just go home!" Bellamy said as he pushed his sister back.

"You always want to play the big brother, huh? Well, guess what? Joke's on me because you're just a selfish dick."

"I did this for you. To protect you. If the Ark finds out we're alive, they'll come down. And when they do... I'm dead."

"What did you do?"

"I shot him. I shot Jaha. I found out they were sending you to Earth, I had to go with you. Someone made a deal with me. If I killed him then they would get me on the dropship. So, that's what I did."

"You killed the Chancellor?"

"He floated our mother, locked you up. He deserved it."

"I did not ask you to do that. I didn't ask for any of this," Octavia said and then walked away.

Bellamy sighed and then continued to walk towards the pod. I stood still, shocked about what I had just heard but then proceeded to follow him to the pod.

***

When Bellamy reached the pod, I stood back in the forest, watching his every move. He opened the door to the pod and took out his knife. A repeated message could be heard on the radio but then stopped after Bellamy cut it out. Bellamy then closed the pod door and walked towards the river which I followed him to. He looked down at the radio for a second before throwing it into the water below.

"Bellamy! Did you just do what I think you just fucking did?" I yelled.

"What the hell are you doing here?" he said, shocked.

"I was following you because I knew damn well you were up to something," I hissed.

"How much did you see or hear?" Bellamy asked worriedly.

"What does-"

"Answer the question, Athena," Bellamy interrupted.

"Everything."

"Then you know why I did it. I had to do it. I am not going to die when they get down here."

"Then you shouldn't have killed Jaha. You didn't have to come down here, Blake."

"I needed to protect my sister. She's all I have left. You have to understand, please."

"I wouldn't understand because I have nothing left. One of my best friends is dead. The other one's mom killed my dad. The other two pay more attention to each other than to me. We need to contact the Ark. We need supplies, Bellamy. You just ruined that for all of us," I sighed and turned around and started to walk back to the pod.

"Wait," Bellamy grabbed my wrist and turned me around. "Are you going to tell anyone?"

"Depends on if you tell them first or not," I scoffed.

Bellamy and I went our separate ways. I headed back to the pod and he headed off to who knows where. When I reached the site of the crash, Clarke was there with a girl in a red jacket whose back was towards me.

I instantly recognized her unique ponytail.

"Raven? Is that you?" I asked.

"Athena!" Raven yelled as she ran towards me.

I engulfed her in a hug, "What the hell are you doing down here?"

"I'm here to make sure you're all alive. Your wristbands all went out and everyone thought you were dead," she sighed.

I saw Finn approach the crash from behind a bush.

"Raven!" he shouted.

"Finn!" she shouted back and ran towards him and kissed him.

I noticed Clarke's smile disappeared as she watched the two love birds.

"I'm guessing he never told you about Raven, huh?" I asked.

She nodded and looked at the ground.

"I'll handle him later. Don't worry about-" I began but noticed Raven started to trip over her own two feet while in Finn's arms. "Raven, you need to sit down," I said as I ran towards her and sat her on a rock. I dug through my pack for some cloth and began to apply pressure to the wound on her forehead.

"This is Clarke. She was on the dropship too," Finn introduced his two lovers.

"Clarke?" Raven asked. "This was all because of your mom."

"My mom?" Clarke sounded surprised.

"This was all her plan- Oh, God," Raven started.

"What, Raven?" I asked.

"The council was deciding on whether or not to kill 300 people to save air. We have to tell them you're alive!" Raven exclaimed as she ran towards the pod. "The radio's gone. Must have gotten loose through reentry."

"No, this is my fault," I admitted. "Bellamy got here before us. He took the radio. We have to go find him."

"You saw him?" Finn asked.

I nodded, "I lost him after he took it. But, we have to stop wasting time. We need to find him, now."

The four of us began to run towards camp to look for Bellamy Blake.