T W E N T Y - F I V E: weak

Bellamy brought in his sister, Octavia, and I gave her full a check up but she had no visible signs of bleeding or swelling.

"Okay, she seems fine but that can change within a matter of seconds. I actually need to get some fresh water so I'll take her with me since she's the healthiest teen I've seen so far," I addressed both Bellamy and Octavia.

"No. No way," Bellamy protested.

"Bellamy, it's better for her to be away from all of this. Plus, everyone here either has the virus or will get it soon. Octavia hasn't shown any symptoms so maybe she's lucky. She's still strong and I need her help. I'll keep an eye on her," I said.

Bellamy sighed and looked back and forth between Octavia and I. "Fine but on one condition: you both have to bring a gun."

"Okay, deal," I sighed and then Bellamy walked out of dropship to help outside.

"Do you really need to get water?" Octavia asked.

"No. I need to talk to Lincoln and you have to get me to him, please," I said as I grabbed two guns and handed her one which she resisted taking, "Don't worry. We're going to hide them once we're outside the gate. It's just so Bellamy doesn't become suspicious."

She nodded and grabbed the gun and then led the way out of the dropship and then into the forest. We walked until we were sure the guards couldn't see us anymore and then abandoned our guns in a nearby bush. Octavia led me until we reached a hole in the ground and we carefully entered.

"Lincoln?" she called out and walked further into the cave, "Lincoln?" Lincoln appeared from deep inside the cave and inspected Octavia, "You knew."

"I tried to get you out of there-" Lincoln noticed me standing awkwardly behind the couple and pulled out a knife, "What is she doing here?"

"Woah, woah. I come in peace-" I defended.

"How do you expect me to believe that when you didn't come in peace at the bridge?" he asked.

"I could ask the same question about your people," I said and Lincoln sighed and dropped his knife, "Look, Lincoln. I'm sorry about what happened on the bridge. Since we've landed, the Grounders have done nothing but kill us. That's what they are doing now, too. I came to ask if there is a cure."

Lincoln shook his head no in disappointment. "There is no cure."

"W-what?" I asked.

"So you're just going to let my people die?" Octavia asked, shocked.

"The sickness passes quickly. Few are immune. We're using to soften the battlefield. I'm not surprised the two of you are one of the strong ones," he stroked Octavia's face as he spoke.

"The battlefield? Are they going to attack soon?" I asked.

Lincoln paused before answering. "They attack at first light."

"You have to help us save them. Please, Lincoln," I begged.

He shook his head no once again. "I've already tried. My people think I'm a traitor now."

"Because of the bridge? We're so-" I was interrupted by Lincoln shaking his head no again.

"Because of me," Octavia said dumbfounded.

"None of that matters now," he addressed both of us and then turned to Octavia, "I'm leaving, Octavia, right now. I want you to come with me."

"And go where?" she asked.

"East to the sea, then across it. There's a clan. Allies of the woods. They'll take us in," Lincoln clarified.

"I can't let my brother die. I can't let all of my people die," Octavia said sadly.

"There's nothing you can do to stop that," Lincoln warned.

"I can warn them," Octavia replied.

"They'll kill you. If you're there at dawn, you will be dead," Lincoln sighed.

Octavia looked back at me with a worried look on her face. "If you go, I won't tell Bellamy. I'll cover for you when you leave."

She nodded and smiled and then turned back to Lincoln. "Okay, wait for me here. I'm going with you."

The couple kissed and then Octavia and I headed back to camp. On the way back we stopped at a river and filled our canteens with water. We then grabbed the guns we had abandoned earlier and walked back into camp. When we arrived, they had just carried another body out of the dropship and laid it outside. We dropped the water off in the dropship and gave the guns back to Bellamy. Octavia ran off to prepare for the journey she would take with Lincoln and I went to search for Bellamy. 

I found Bellamy talking to a few teens and pulled him aside. "We need to talk."

"About-" Bellamy was interrupted by shouts from a group of teenagers behind us.

I turned around and saw that they were aiming guns at those who had just begun to show symptoms. The camp soon became a war zone as every delinquent was pointing a gun at someone else. Bellamy, Finn, and I started to tell the teenagers to put their guns down and relax. I started to get annoyed as no one listened so I grabbed two guns and held them in the air. I fired two shots from each and everyone quieted down.

"Listen up, assholes. This is what the Grounders want. If you shoot each other then we have no defense against them when they come here at dawn. Now, Finn and I will carry the infected into the dropship. Everyone else, do not look, touch, or talk to each other as you move up to the second and third levels of the dropship. If someone becomes infected, back away and call for Finn or me, understood?" I ordered the teenagers.

Bellamy walked up to me, shocked. "What do you mean the Grounders are coming? How do you know?"

"I asked Octavia to take me to Lincoln. There's no cure for this virus and the Grounders are attacking at first light. They're using the virus to weaken us but the fever should pass quickly. Now, get these idiots prepared for the attack and make sure they don't piss their pants again, okay?" I said and then proceeded to help Finn carry the infected into the first floor of the dropship.

We only had a few hours to make sure that everyone was healthy again. I've never felt so much pressure in my life to succeed than this moment right now.