E X T R A one: tattoo

I managed to finally sneak out of the camp throughout all of the craziness of the impending war. Luckily, Octavia agreed to cover me if anyone should start to become suspicious.

Octavia had told me about a weak part in the fence that she uses when she sneaks out to meet Lincoln. I made sure no one was watching and slipped through the opening.

In the tree that stood before me, a single gold flower was entagled in the branches. I gently plucked it out and then noticed another one several feet away.

Every few feet was another gold flower. I had collected about a dozen or so of them before I reached a hatch door in the ground. I set the flowers on the ground and then pulled out the knife Janus had made for me. I quietly lifted up the door and then tip-toed down the ramp that led into a bigger room. Janus was in the center of the room, tending to his fire.

I quietly snuck up behind him and was about to put the knife against his neck when he grabbed my hand, flipped me over his shoulder and onto the soft fur blankets on the floor.

"Nice try," Janus said after releasing his grip on my arm.

"Was I really that loud?" I questioned with a slight groan because of the pain in my back.

"I heard you before you even entered, Athena," he chuckled.

I sighed and made myself comfortable on the blankets below me. Janus put his back towards me as he resumed his tending to the fire.

He was shirtless and the only thing on his back was a tattoo of the solar system traveling from the waistband of his pants to the base of his neck. Around the planets were their moons and stars. There were even some constellations like Orion's Belt.

I got up from the blankets on the floor and sat behind Janus and traced the tattoo with my finger. "Why did you get a tattoo of space?"

He continued to tend to the fire. "I always look to the stars for guidance. I also had a dream of a star falling from the skies and landing before me. I knew then that my destiny was with the stars."

I traced each planet with my finger. I carefully followed the dark black outline until I reached the circle that represented earth. Janus stopped tending to the fire and turned towards me. He pulled me into his lap and held me close.

"The dream I had about the falling star happened three days before you landed. When I went to investigate the crash, the first person I saw was you. Your smile was as bright as the star that fell in my dream. I knew then that my future would be with you," Janus explained.

He gently kissed my forehead and held me tighter to his chest.

I looked up and stared into his dark brown eyes. "Ai hod yu in. (I love you)."

He smiled and kissed me gently on the lips. "Ai hod yu in, Athinah kom Skaikru."