T W E L V E: wish

The four of us ran through the woods to find Bellamy. I ran a little ahead of the other three and found Bellamy strolling through the woods.

"Bellamy!" I called.

"What do you want, Princess?" he answered.

"Look, they know you took the radio but they don't know that you threw it in the river or why you took it. Now's your chance to come clean," I quickly said.

When Finn approached the two of us he shoved Bellamy, "Where is it?"

Bellamy shoved Finn back, "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Guys, stop. Bellamy, just tell us where it's at and we'll leave you alone, okay?" I said as I stepped in between the two boys.

"Bellamy Blake? They're looking everywhere for you," Raven chimed in.

"Looking for him, why?" Clarke asked.

Raven looked confused, "He did't tell you guys? Well, he shot Chancellor Jaha."

"That's why you took the wristbands. So that everyone would think we're dead," Clarke realized.

"Jaha deserved to die. You all know that," Bellamy stated.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. We've all had our problems with Jaha. He's not my favorite person either but he's not dead," Raven sighed.

"What?" Bellamy was shocked.

"You're a lousy shot," Raven smirked.

"Bellamy, you aren't a murderer, then. You did it to protect your sister. Now, it's time to protect 300 people up there. Where is the radio?" I asked.

"It's too late," Bellamy looked at me with tears in his eyes. "I threw it in the river."

I sighed, "All right. Here's the plan. We round up as many delinquents we can and search up and down that river until we find it. We'll leave some people back at camp to continue the wall but everyone else has to participate. Let's go."

I lead the way back to camp and we rounded up everyone who was not working on the wall and we headed back to the river to search for the radio. Everyone got their instructions and immediately began looking for the radio. I walked along the ridge of the river; the fear of getting attacked again settled in my stomach and I trembled with fear.

"Hey, Athena. You okay?" Bellamy asked as he walked through the shallow water towards me. His dark brown eyes looked worried.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm good," I faked a smile.

"You're afraid of something coming for you again, huh?" Bellamy asked as I continued to walk along the river looking for the radio.

I stopped in my tracks, "I-Is it that obvious?"

"Look, there's nothing in this river. I already walked up and down almost three times. It's safe, Princess. I promise," he gave a broad grin.

I laughed. "Well, I think I'll still stay up here. The radio-"

"Hey! I found it!" a boy announced.

Bellamy and everyone else ran towards the boy who held the radio in his hands. I got as close as I could to the group while continuing to stay on the shore of the river.

"Can you fix it?" Clarke asked.

"Maybe. But, the components need to dry so I can see what is broken," Raven sighed.

Bellamy intervened, "Like I said, it's too late."

Clarke's whole demeanor changed and she grew angry, "Do you even care about what you just caused?"

I carefully stepped into the river and got in between the two, "Guys, guys. Please, calm down."

"Get back on the ridge, Athena," Bellamy said as he helped me back up.

"Why does she-" Clarke started.

Raven interrupted. "Wait. We don't necessarily have to talk to the Ark, right? We just have to let them know we're down here."

"How are we supposed to do that with no radio?" Finn asked his girlfriend.

All Raven did was smirk and then headed back to her escape pod with the radio in her hands.

***

At the escape pod, Raven put us to work immediately. Some of the delinquents took out parts of the dropship while others carried the parts back to camp.

"We need to launch these flares ASAP to save those people. Athena, can I have a hand over here?" Raven instructed as she handed me a wrench, "Work these bolts gently; rocket fuel likes to go boom."

I smiled in return. "They're tying the batteries in at the dropship. It should all be ready when we get there."

"Great," Raven looked at me in confusion as she noticed the worried look on my face, "What's the problem?"

I sighed. "Will they be able to see it up there? Do you think we'll save them in time?"

"Athena, you worry too much. Remember what you always used to say? Whatever happens, happens," Raven smiled as she brought me into a hug. "By the way, you need to tell me everything that has happened since you got locked up and I mean everything."

I laughed and nodded.

Everyone continued to work until Raven had everything she needed to launch the flares. At the dropship, everyone stopped working on the walls and focused on launching the flares. Bellamy, Raven, and I ordered the delinquents around and helped in any possible way that we could.

We built a stand out of wood and then set a metal pole against it along with the rocket launchers. Adrenaline crept into my system and I worked harder and faster with each passing second. I didn't know any one on the Ark anymore but my dad did not want anyone dying because of the lack of oxygen; he wanted to save us all, along with Clarke's father. If I didn't save those 300 people, I would never be able to live with myself.

We completed the set up for the flares and after making sure everything worked properly, Raven launched them. The flares lit up the night sky. The teenagers behind me gasped with infatuation. The flares rose and rose. It almost seemed as if they could touch the Ark.

"Do you think they could see them up there?" Bellamy asked as he snuck up to me from behind.

"I hope so," I sighed, "Do you think that one could make a wish on this type of shooting star?"

"I don't know what I would wish for," Bellamy said with an exhausted look on his face.

I stared at his deep, dark brown eyes. I counted the freckles that sprinkled across his nose and under his eyes. I studied the curly, black mop that laid on his head.

I sighed, "I don't know what I would wish for either."