F O U R T E E N: pussies

Bellamy, Finn, and I led the group through the forest. We started our investigation where Bellamy saw her last; where he first admitted that he attempted to kill Jaha. Finn and I immediately picked up her trail and along with the rest of the group, we began to follow it.

We reached a small hill where the trail suddenly disappeared. I ordered the group to pair up and search the surrounding area for anything that might look like Octavia caused it. After about five minutes, one of the delinquents pointed out a belt hanging from a tree.

"Rope," I demanded.

One of the delinquents handed me a thick black and red rope and I tied it to the trunk of a tree. I started to climb down it as Bellamy approached the group forming above me.

"What's down there, Athena?" Bellamy asked.

I grabbed the belt from the tree and tossed it up to Bellamy. "Recognize it?"

"It's Octavia's," Bellamy confirmed.

I continued to climb down the rope until I reached the bottom of the hill. I noticed some blood on a rock and further down I noticed some larger footsteps that were sunken into the mud.

Finn climbed down the rope and knelt beside me. "The prints are going deeper that way," Finn pointed in direction of more footprints, "Whoever took her was carrying her."

Bellamy sighed and bent down to touch the blood on the rock. The blood came off easily meaning it was fresh.

I wiped Bellamy's fingers with an old T-shirt from my bag. "We'll find her, Bellamy. I promise you that we will find her."

"If they took her, she's alive. Like they took me," Jasper reassured.

We waited for the rest of the group to make their way down the hill before continuing with our search. Bellamy and Finn led the way and I trailed closely behind with Jasper and the rest of the group.

"So, Jasper. Do you remember anything that happened when you were... taken?" I pried.

Jasper's face went pale. "I...uh. All I remember is making it across the river and then that huge spear hit me in the chest. I-I saw you guys running-"

"I'm sorry abut that. We freaked out. We should've went back for you-" I started to apologize.

"Athena, stop. It's okay. I probably would not have went back for you guys either. It was too dangerous, I understand," he flashed me a reassuring smile, "Anyway, I was in and out of consciousness the entire time. I remember seeing a tall, tan man. I think he put the medicine on me but then after that, I woke up on the tree. That's all I remember, honestly."

As we continued to follow the footprints, we found a clearing in the forest. Surrounding the clearing were skeletons tied to posts. The delinquents started to express their concern and started to return back to camp.

"Go back if you want. My sister, my responsibility," Bellamy stated.

He walked ahead through the skeletons in the dark forest. I looked at Finn and Jasper who both looked terrified.

"Pussies," I snorted and then followed Bellamy's lead into the night.

***

We walked for hours and eventually lost the trail. Finn and I separated to see if we can find anything.

"I got nothing," Finn sighed.

"We lost the trail," I agreed.

Bellamy shook his head. "Keep looking."

"Look, Blake. We can't keep wandering. We don't have food, water-" I started.

"I'm not going back," the dark, curly-haired boy sneered.

"Hey, where's John?" one of the delinquents pointed out.

"I-I just saw him a second ago," Jasper began to breathe heavily.

"Calm down, Jasper. He probably had to take a piss or something. Let's spread out and try to find him," I comforted.

Just as we were about to split up, John's body feel from the sky and landed in the middle of the group. His throat was slit and his eyes had a far away look in them. I ran up to the boy and checked for a pulse.

"He's gone," I stated as I closed his eyes, "May we meet again, John."

"They use the trees," Finn concluded.

As I looked up to the canopy above, I noticed a dark figure in front of us. Soon enough, the entire group started to point out multiple Grounders in front of us.

"We shouldn't have crossed the boundary," one of the boys said shakily.

"We should run," Finn whispered.

I got up quickly and my hand was interlocked with another strong one. I looked around the woodland and noticed more and more Grounders appear. As we ran, the Grounders circled us. They surrounded us on all sides. One of the girls started to run for her friend. We all followed closely behind the girl when she ran into the boy she was looking for with a spike going through his chest. When we stopped, I finally realized who was holding my hand as we ran: Bellamy Blake.

I closed the boys eyes, "May we meet again."

"Wait. Where'd they go?" Finn asked about the Grounders.

"After Roma," Bellamy replied and without letting go of my hand, ran in the direction the girl fled to.

We quietly crept along the forest floor in fear of any loud noises that might alert the Grounders. We walked for about ten minutes when we noticed what looked like a jacket arm extruding from a tree.

"There she is," a girl with some badass braids declared, "Roma!"

I slid my hand out of Bellamy's and slowly tip toed up to the girl. As I rounded the tree, I found Roma with a spear through her chest.

Bellamy walked up behind me and closed the girl's eyes, "She only came because of me."

"She came for Octavia, Bellamy. Don't put yourself down like that," I said as I took his hand off of her face and held it.

"They're playing with us," Finn whispered,  "They can kill us whenever they want."

"Then they should get it over with!" Jasper screamed at the top of his lungs.

"Jasper! What the fuck?" I whisper-yelled.

Suddenly, the Grounders started to surround us and we had no where to run. Just before the Grounders closed in, a horn sounded in the distance. Although they wore masks, the Grounders looked worried. As soon as the horn stopped, the attackers disappeared into the surrounding green.

"That was the horn we heard," I addressed Finn.

"What does it mean?" Bellamy asked.

"Acid fog," I quickly stated as I helped Finn take out the tent he packed, "Get under."