Beautiful Soul

BROOKE POV

BROOKE POV

"Are you sure about all this"  Cami peeked over the top of the cardboard box in her hand which had picture frames and clothes spilling out of it.

"Look, I know its not conventional. But this could be a real chance for me to make it big. You know that I have been trying for years to get a real agent and get in anything more than independent films and shitty portfolio gigs. I am over it. Its time to follow my dreams no matter how crazy this is"

"B, you know I support you in whatever. It is going to suck not being room mates. Remember your not just my room-mate your my sister" Cami held up her fist pointing her Alpha Delta Pi ring towards mine and we pounded the two together.

"Sorrority for life", I laughed, pulling my fist away with an explosion sound. 

"Here's to bad decisions!" Cami laughed as she pulled her fist away. "Don't you feel at all like this is weird though? I mean you don't know the guy other than growing up watching him on TV and his music videos, and your just gonna move in with him and take the role of his girlfriend."

"Of course its weird, I agreed." I couldn't exactly expect my best friend to understand how exciting for me this all was. "Alright, that should be the last box" we loaded it into the trunk of the limo. "Love ya Cam, Muah" I bent down to kiss her cheek on each side like the french do, it was always an inside joke between us.

"Love ya too loser, do me a favor and use protection yeah? I don't need you becoming a celebrity baby mama" she teased.

"It's not like that jerk, it is an acting job where I pretend to like him, remember?" Who was I kidding. Jesse McCartney used to hang on my wall when I was in junior high. I listened to the Beautiful Soul video on replay. He was gorgeous to say the least and I was pretty lucky to be getting this opportunity. Although I had thought we had disappeared since he was no where to be seen in the tabloids and his fame had died down.

I lifted my maxi dress off the floor and stepped into the limo. In the backseat were just 5 boxes, 5 boxes which contained all my personal items. It was kind of weird to see how much of a gypsy soul I truly was.  I never bought furniture or decorations, all I needed was clothes, makeup, jewelry and a few pictures.

"Is everything loaded in?" The driver peered back through the little window in the center of the limo and smiled at me.

"All good!" I echoed back to him

He pulled away from the curb and as I watched the small streets of Burbank disappear behind me I almost missed the tiny 600 square foot studio I shared with Cami. We winded up the mountains and began passing large houses with gates in front of them. As we continued to climb , the hills became deeper, trees covering the streets. It seemed the whole top of the hill was covered for privacy. The driver rolled down the window and typed in a code. The gate swung open and a white Tesla, yellow Lamborghini and old classic car sat in the driveway.