Crush

NIALLS POV

NIALLS POV

"One Direction, One Direction, One Direction" we all chanted back stage.

"That was amazing mates!" Louis shouted

"Niall, time to do a little Irish jig" Liam and Harry pointed to me hoping I would dance like a mad man like I always did.

"Not right now lads" I motioned my eyes to Brooke who was standing in the corner with him.

I didn't like the way that he looked at her. He seemed controlling. Constantly whispering things in her ear that made her pull away from him. I knew the kind of guy he was. Even if the perfect girl stood in front of him he would still fool around. He proved that by making out with someone else in plain sight. I was excited too have won the award for best album of the year. But when he kissed her in front of me, my blood boiled. I hadn't been jealous in a long time and I really didn't like the way it felt. I stormed off the stage and kept my head down. I could feel her looking at me but I didn't even want to give her the time of day. I was honestly pissed that she would be with someone who clearly didn't care about her. She did give me a fair warning and tell me she was with the guy but still, I thought we had connected.

I made my way towards the back dressing rooms where all of us were supposed to get ready for the after party. I really didn't understand why I couldn't just wear the same thing since it had only been a few hours. But I listened to the stylists and slipped on a pair of black jeans with a hole at the knee and a blue t- shirt that said "Derby or Die".

"Looks like neither of us will be sleeping with the Victoria Secret model" Harry teased as he sat down next to me trading his loafers in for a pair of tennis shoes.

"Her name is Brooke" I piped up suddenly not liking the way he was talking about her. "That McCartney lad she is with is a real piece of work. I saw him making out with another girl" I shook my head.

"Does she know that?" Louis entered the conversation intrigued

"Yeah, she saw it too. Something weird is going on there" I reached up to fix my hair

"Maybe she likes the bad boys, in which case I would be happy to play that role" Harry sat in front of the mirror as a stylist combed his hair.

"Harry!" I shouted irritatingly

"Relax Irish, I am just joking around." He came over to me and put his hand on my shoulder. "You got dibs. We all know you don't have the best luck with the ladies though" he patted me on the back as if he were consoling a child.

"Maybe its because I want more than just a one night stand" I scoffed

"Nial, she is with someone, just let it go" Liam chimed in

"It's the after party gents. Lets get drunk and party!" Louis yelled

All of us cheered and acted like idiots now as we hopped in the limo outside. I was ready to just forget about this girl and have a good time. I had a busy lifestyle constantly on tour or jet setting places and was in no place for a relationship. I had to keep myself concentrated on my career. Plus if she was with someone else I really didn't want to be in the middle of another love triangle.

As the five of us got out of the limo, the alley way was abnormally quiet. It seemed the security guards had cleared most the press and fans away so that we could all enjoy ourselves and feel like regular people for the night. I entered the club, the violet lights shining in my face. The music was loud so everything had to be shouted.

"Bar!" Louis pointed to the bar in the back of the room

I stood in line with them. Harry already taking shots from girls sitting at the bar. "I am going to go dance" Harry lifted his shot in the air and swigged it then took off for the dance floor one of the girls trailing behind him.

Even with all the hot girls around I still couldn't stop thinking of her.

"Looks like you need something strong Nialler" Louis motioned to the bartender to pour us shots.

"Thanks Lou" I double fisted grabbing one shot and swigging it quickly and chasing it down with the second one. I slammed both empty shot glasses on the table and the bartender re-filled them.

The lights glowed all around us and the dance floor filled with more people. Girls kept coming and talking to me and Louis but I really wasn't in the mood. Their were small rooms for bottle service against the walls and I watched as Louis took a girls hand and led her into the private room shutting the curtain. The curtain opened next to the room Louis was in and a man walked out. I recognized him immediately. Jesse McCartney. He walked out the door and down to the street where he got in a limo and left the party leaving Brooke sitting their by herself. I started to get the courage to go over to her. I drank down the other two shots in my hand wishing that I was a light weight. I was an Irishman and alcohol didn't have much of an affect on me. I started to walk towards her when another guy entered the room handing her a glass of champagne.

"Hey, wanna dance?" a blonde girl said to me. I didn't recognize her from anything but I thought why the hell not. I nodded and she led me to the dance floor. She immediately pressed her body against me. We rocked back and forth for awhile. She started licking my ear and whispering to me. I noticed Harry and Zayn dancing with other girls across from me and made way over to them.

"Can you take this girl off my hands?" I whispered to Harry, who already had three girls dancing around him.

He smiled up at her and took her hands inviting her to dance with him.

Harry could be a real jerk but also knew when to be a wingman and help me out.

I looked up and she was still sitting there as the guy next to her poured champagne and made conversation. I knew I needed to just forget about her. Our chemistry was strong and I was very attracted to her but she was seeing someone and I really didn't want to be that guy. Not to mention every other guy in the room wanted her.

"Niall!" Louis called

He put his arms around my shoulders, tipping over as I tried to hold him up straight.

"Boys and I are going to stay at the flat tonight, were bringing back some company" He pointed to Harry who had the blonde girl I was dancing with sitting in his lap.

"Alright lads, my stuff already got sent to the hotel we booked for tonight, so I will just stay there" I shouted back trying to make sure he could understand me over the music.

"Well the room is all yours then!" Louis winked. "We will see you at the recording studio tomorrow" he stuck his hand out and pounded my fist like he always did.

I made my way back to the bar. The bartender slid two shot glasses across the table for me but I shook my head and asked him for a glass of whiskey instead. All my band mates were leaving and I really had nothing better to do with my night. I found a small area with cocktail tables next to the bar. The tables were positioned next to a glass wall so you could see out into the city. London was a really spectacular place there was no denying it. As I sipped my whiskey I kept looking up at her. Her dark hair that framed her face, her green eyes that stunned anybody who looked into them, her long tan legs.

I took another swig and starred out the night sky wondering if she knew what a big crush I had on her.