The Tide

NIALLS POV

NIALLS POV

I didn't sleep much the next two days. The laptop sat on my nightstand as I waited for Brooke to appear on the screen again. It took everything in me to not go completely mad.

"I have an idea" Louis came into the room with a smile on his face

"Not in the mood Lou"

"Just listen, we all love Brooke. Combine the money from all of our solo EPS this year and we have well over 50 million, lets just pay him?"

"I can't let you guys spend all the money you've saved the last 5 years"

" We will make more money, you won't find another Brooke" Harry came up behind Louis 

I ran to both of them and gave them giant hugs.

"I can't believe you guys are willing to go through all that trouble. Thank you so much"

"Probably would have just bought another sports car with it anyway" Louis laughed

"Were gonna get her back mate, this will soon be a distant memory. Now we need to convince the label to advance you the money early, can you put a single out! What songs have you written?" Harry put his hands in his hair 

"This Town and Slow Hands. I mean, I have written a song these last couple days its all that's kept me from going crazy. I just don't think its ready."

"Let's hear it then" Louis motioned for my guitar

I picked up the guitar and grabbed a crumbled piece of notebook paper that sat next to my water glass.

"Alright, but it needs work"

"Oh no, get ready
I feel it coming, it's coming again, I
Stay close, hold steady
'Cause I don't want it, don't want it to end
Those brown eyes, crying in a crowded bar
Every time we get this close
It's always pulling us apart
Don't let the tide come and wash us away
Don't let the tide come and take me
I just want a safe place to hide us away
Don't let the tide come and take me
Don't let the tide come and wash us away
Don't let the tide come and take me
Far from with you, where I wanna stay
So don't let the tide come and take me
Oh no, get ready
I feel it coming, it's coming again
Don't give up, and don't let me
'Cause I'm needing you to understand
When I go, all I ever seem to fear
Is that you're gonna find someone
And slowly watch me disappear
Don't let the tide come and wash us away
Don't let the tide come and take me
I just want a safe place to hide us away
So don't let the tide come and take me
Don't let the tide come and wash us away
Don't let the tide come and take me
Far from with you, where I wanna stay
So don't let the tide come and take me
Oh no, get ready
Yeha, I feel it coming, it's coming again
Stay close, hold steady
'Cause I don't want it, don't want it to end, no
No, I don't want it, don't want it to end
Don't let the tide come and wash us away
Don't let the tide come and take me
I just want a safe place to hide us away
So don't let the tide come and take me
Don't let the tide come and wash us away
Don't let the tide come and take me
Far from with you, where I wanna stay
So don't let the tide come and take me"

"That's deep Niall, what made you write that?"

" I feel like this is all my fault because our lives are always in the press and nothings ever private, I feel selfish I put her in this situation. It's my fault"

"Niall, you can't blame yourself. She was in this situation before she met you, if anything you are rescuing her from this"

"I know, I just cant help but feel responsible. I love her, shes the one"

"Like the one, the one?"

I reached into my top dresser drawer and unraveled a gold Neil Lane box from one of my ties.

"I was going to wait and propose to her on the 11th, that's the day we first met. I was going to ask her to go on tour with me. Now I don't even know if I'm gonna see her again..."

"It's gonna be fine Niall, were gonna get her back"

"But what if we don't Tomo? What if I give him all this money and then he kills her or me? I don't know what Jesse is capable of."

"Yeah, maybe we should think this plan through more. We get the money and then what?"

Before I could answer, the laptop turned on. Brooke was sitting in a chair and looked as alert as I had seen her since she had been stolen.

"Niall?" she asked as she looked at the camera

"Brooke,  I'm here! how are you doing baby?" I met my hand to the screen just wishing I could reach through and touch her.

"I'm okay. I miss you"

"I miss you, so so much. How are you talking to me?"

"He said I had five minutes to see you , I've been listening like you said too. I guess since I wasn't resisting they didn't drug me up today."

"Good babe, keep listening okay. I have a plan and I promise that you will be home soon"

"He's coming Ni, he wants to talk to you" Brooke looked scared of the shadow approaching.

The camera spun around and her face was replaced with a black screen.

"Alright, you got to see that she is still alive and have your little love fest, so listen I don't want to hold her here much longer, whats the deadline on getting me my cash"

"Its Sunday and the banks aren't open, but I can pay you Monday morning"

"Tomorrow? I can handle that, I want all cash"

"How do I know when I give you the money that you are going to honor our agreement" I asked with clenched fists.

" Smarter than you look" he chuckled at the screen. "  I guess you don't. Tell your driver he is going to follow the coordinates I send you, I will send Brooke out to you and you will hand her duffel bags with the money in it. She will give the money to me through the window and once I drive off, she is all yours, I see a cop or another car or anything and the deal is off"

"Alright"

"I mean it Niall, you saw how I treated her before, I can promise you her punishment will be much worse"

"I get it"

"Sunday morning at 7 AM, it will be quiet enough to do the exchange, no funny business"

"Let me say goodbye to her"

He positioned the camera back to Brooke

"Babe, I love you, 24 hours okay?"

"Okay, I love you too"

She started to smile when a shadow lingered behind her. He wrapped his hands around her neck.

"Hey, what the fuck are you doing?!" I spat at the computer

"Need to show you what happens if you don't follow our little plan"

He tightened his grip around her neck, I watched as her eyes got bigger.

"Stop!! I will do what you say, let go of her"

He released her neck as she gasped for air like she had been under water for days and the camera went black.