Proper Gentleman

BROOKE POV

BROOKE POV

"You all right there love?" I looked up and got lost in his blue eyes.

"Uh, yeah, sorry. Clearly I shouldn't be wearing heels" I took the shoe out of his hand and joked at myself.

"Ahh I don't blame ya there, If it helps at all I don't wear heels neither" he laughed, holding unto my arm so I could balance myself and put the shoe back on my foot.

"Really? What a shame, you would look great in a pair of stilettos" I teased him.

"Whats your name love?"

"Apparently, Love" I mocked his accent, teasing him.

"Sorry, that's the Irish in me, you will have to forgive me" he blushed.

"What are you doing, get over here?" Jesse looked back at me clearly annoyed that Niall was talking to me. " I was just telling this reporter how we met on the set of our new movie" he smiled into the camera, wow he was so fake.

I waved to Niall and ran over to where the reporter was.

"Yes we did" I grinned through my teeth and spoke into the microphone.

"Are you two in love?" the reporter stuck the microphone in my face.

I wasn't sure what to say. I looked up at Jesse and could see he was waiting on an answer. But I was afraid to give the wrong one. "I wouldn't say love, it's only been a little time. But we're getting there" I looked up at him hoping that my answer was satisfactory. He did not prep me for any of these questions.

"That's wonderful, how about one more kiss for the cameras" the reporter prompted.

Jesse reached down and quickly kissed me, this time no urgency just a quick peck to satisfy the cameras. I felt eyes in my back the whole time and spun around to see Niall staring at me from afar. When my eyes locked with his he held my gaze and then quickly looked away and finished interviewing with his band mates.

We walked past more reporters till we finally got to the auditorium.

"You are here, and I am there" Jesse pointed to our seats that sat next to each other. "I am going to go get a drink at the bar" he walked off. I could tell he was upset but I didn't know what for. Did he want me to confess my undying love for him, did I embarrass him by taking too much time to respond? Whatever. being a fake girlfriend was exhausting and it had been less than a week.

I sat in my seat and looked around the room. Our seats were towards the front of the stage and the blue lighting lit up the whole audience area. I recognized so many celebrities walking around but knew I had to keep my cool. I wasn't supposed to be a fan, I was supposed to be one of them. I reached inside my clutch pulling out my cellphone and heard it fall to the ground, my hands were clearly still too slippery from the tanning lotion.

"Damn it" I muttered under my breath, reaching down to pick my phone off the ground.

"Did ya lose your shoe again?" a voice whispered in my ear from behind

I turned around to see Niall sitting behind me. He was dressed so casual compared to me. It seemed Jesse liked to show off the Hollywood glamour, I was way overdressed compared to most the guests. Niall wore a black button down shirt just low enough to reveal chest hair, a pair of dark skinny jeans and chuck tennis shoes with the Irish flag across the tops of them. His hair was a perfect quiff with bleach blonde tips and brunette roots underneath it.

"Not this time" I lifted my phone up and waived it at him "My phone, I forgot how slippery my hands were from all the lotion" I giggled.

"First award show? I never seen ya before?" he leaned forward and rested his elbows on the back of my chair, my face just inches from his.

"Yeah. First one" I blushed. It was very easy to get lost in his blue eyes.

"Yer not gonna tell me yer name are ya?" he leaned back in his chair with his arms folded jokingly rolling his eyes.

"Sorry! How rude of me, I'm Brooke." I reached my hand across to him to shake it. But instead he held my hand and kissed the top of it.

"Pleasure Brooke, I'm Niall" he released my hand back to me leaving me blushing "I don't shake hands, a proper gentleman kisses a ladies hand." he winked at me.

"Well thanks for being a proper gentleman" I teased and said in my best Irish accent.

" Ya making fun of me?" he raised his eyebrows and put his elbows back on my chair

"No! I was just teasing" I lightly swatted his arm

"Where are ya from Brooke?" his Irish accent was adorable.

"California girl, LA area" I replied

" Dude, I love Cali, surfs up" he suddenly sounded exactly like a California boy and made the surfs up sign with his hand.

" That was impressive! You definitely sounded like a true California surfer" I teased

"Well thanks, you American's are pretty easy to imitate. He reached over and pulled a hair that was falling in my face and tucked it behind my ear. " I got a free seat back here if ya wanna join? Ya might crane your neck leaning back the whole night." he winked.

"Thanks for the offer. I would love too but I am here with Jesse" I smiled at him hoping he didn't take this as a rejection. I was really enjoying our banter and instant connection. I was incredibly attracted to him and was sure he was flirting with me.

"Oh ya? Well I would not leave a pretty girl like you unattended for this long...." he looked down at his watch and wagged his finger as if he were punishing Jesse.

"He went to the bar" I pointed to the back of the room

He looked back at the bar seeing that no one was in line.

"Looks like the bars empty? he looked at me puzzled.

"No clue then" I laughed

"Well, would ya care to accompany me to the bar?" Niall reached for my hand.

I knew that if Jesse caught me he would be pissed, but I really didn't want to end my conversation with Niall either. "Okay, one drink. I reached up and gave him my hand."

"Don't lose your shoe now love." he joked.

"You are never gonna let me live that down are you?" I swatted him on the arm and let him walk me to the bar.