It Was All A Dream

NIALLS POV

NIALLS POV

It's been a month since Ive seen her. Its almost 4th of July now in America. Ive recorded my third single off my solo album "Too much to ask" and my music is back on the charts. They want me to tour soon, which I guess is pretty exciting. Brooke blocked me from her phone, I tried calling on unknown numbers but she still didn't answer. The only way I could keep up with her and make sure she was okay was through Instagram. From the looks of it she was back in college finishing her senior year. Victoria Secret had released a statement that she wanted to step away from the spotlight and heal from the accident and they were respecting her wishes. Its like Brooke faded from the media about as quickly as she had entered."

"Harry moved to Hungary, he's filming his first movie Dunkirk. I'm really excited for him. Liam has a place up the street from me in Beverly Hills and he is working with hip hop artists to make a "new" name for himself. Louis finally came out to the press about his son Freddie which came as a result of a one night stand. So, a lot has changed in a month. I still see them but they all know that I'm not the same Niall I was before, something inside of you breaks when you lose your soul mate.
Your probably asking why didn't you try to fight harder Niall."

"I wasn't going to ask that, but now that you mention it..."

The man who I now knew as my psychiatrist adjusted his tie and leaned off the seat of the leather chair he was sitting in. I had been going to counseling twice a week since all this happened. It started when I found myself at the bottom of a bottle every night.

I couldn't cope with the loss of her and the only thing that seemed to do it was the whisky. Harry found me in my underwear on the roof of my LA flat with the empty bottle in my hands. I was going to jump. No doubt in my mind if Harry hadn't shown up that night, I would be dead.

" I feel like my efforts to get her back never work. We've been round and round this crazy carousel. I mean what do you do when the person your madly in love with has no memory of you?"

"That cant be easy Niall, I'm not sure I have an answer to that. What are you doing to cope with this?"

"Well I'm not drinking anymore. That was a mistake. I'm just throwing myself into my music, writing more songs. I'm hoping she hears them and realizes they are about her"

"And if she doesn't?"

"Atleast I tried I guess. I can't stop thinking about her but I know it's unhealthy to force myself into her life if she doesn't want me there"

"You have come a long way in 28 days" he scribbled something on the note pad on his lap

"Do you think I'll ever see her again?" I asked

"I think that life has a funny way of surprising you. Maybe Brooke was what you needed to believe in love and someone else is just around the corner, maybe she opened your heart up to the possibility of being with one person and leaving your boy band past behind you. Or.... maybe she is the one and it will just take time, she could wake up and remember everything. My advice is to keep putting yourself into healthy activities and focus on you"

"It's almost like it was all a dream you know? She was perfect, we were perfect"

"Stay away from the whiskey and try to get some rest, how long has it been since you slept?" He pointed to the bags under my eyes and the scruff on my face.

"It's been awhile. Every time I close my eyes I end up dreaming of her, or the accident. I would rather stay up and write then experience that again and again"

"You can't stay up forever. I can prescribe you some sleeping pills to help you. Typically it eliminates dreaming and puts you into a deep sleep" he handed me a yellow prescription sheet " I will see you Monday"

I walked out of the office and into the parking lot. I slipped into my white Mercedes and reached into the glove box for my sunglasses. The streets were windy on the way to the studio. When I reached the parking structure I flashed them my badge and they unlocked the gates. I parked on the top level and went to the elevator. When I arrived at the studio the phones were ringing off the hook.

"Congratulations!!!!" Everyone in the studio cheered.

"What?! Did I miss something?"

"Too Much to Ask hit number 1!"

"Oh wow!"

"Niall they are going to want to start talking tour dates!" My publicist approached me with a latte and some paperwork I needed to look over. "Here are some proposed arenas and dates, take a look and let me know" she spun on her heel and turned for her office "oh! Before I forget, there's a gentleman named Damon downstairs for you. He insisted on waiting"

My fingers lost my grip and my latte poured all over the floor, splashing on to my Sperry top sliders. I ran to the elevator and took it down to the lobby. I wanted to punch him, I hated this guy. I had been seeing pictures of him and Brooke all over her Instagram.

"Niall" he looked up caught off guard by my presence

"What are you doing here?" I folded my arms and snarled my lip at him

"We need to talk about Brooke"

"So talk"

" The nurse told me when we were in the hospital that I needed to do my best to create a space of normalcy for her. So I've been trying my best to pretend. But she's not an idiot, she's noticing all the changes. She keeps having these visions of the two of you, she doesn't know what's real and what's not. Shes scared. I'm doing my best but I feel like I'm with a crazy person. She will be in the kitchen cooking and then have a flashback and set the towel on fire next to her from spacing out. These visions are getting clearer everyday. One minute she's comfortable with me and the other she won't even let me touch her."

"She doesn't want to talk to me" I sniffed back the tears I felt coming

"Here" he handed me a piece of paper with an address on it "Thats where she works, it's a lounge downtown called Reserved"

"I remember her telling me about this place"

"Yeah, she got her job back right after the accident. It's the only place she really feels like she recognizes" he reached for his keys and wallet and put them in his back jean pocket "Go see her" he started to walk away.

"What do I even say?" I pulled his arm back

"She had a vision the other night of you guys backstage at some show, she said that you had a briefcase and you were trying to show her why you had to break up with her, but then she came out of that memory and didn't see anything else. Maybe start there?"

"Why are you helping me?"

"Because you can only hear the girl your with say another guys name in bed so many times before you realize she's never gonna love you the way she loves him"

I folded the paper up into my pocket and walked up to the front desk. " I need you to get me a table at this lounge tonight. 10 pm please."