God Bless America

BROOKES POV

BROOKES POV

My life feels like a puzzle. Everyday more pieces are coming back together. I miss him. I don't even know him but somehow I feel apart of him. I go to sleep and dream of our trip to Australia, eating pizza on the floor of his limo, listening to him play songs for me, beating the shit out of Jesse in the hotel. None of it really makes sense but fragments keep sparking in my brain.

I was tired of all the wounded dove looks I was getting from Damon and Cami. I decided to go back to work at Reserved, it's what I knew, and I was good at it. My agent, who I didn't recognize, kept calling. She wanted to book me for gigs, runway shows, photoshoots. I was overwhelmed by it all. People wanted me to appear on talk shows and talk about the accident. But really, what was I going to tell them. I didn't even know what happened myself. So instead I decided to walk away from the fame until I was able to have a clear head.

"Grant, can you get the bottles of Dom Perignon, we need to start chilling it for the execs tonight" I yelled behind the bar

"Sure thing Brookey" he ran to the bar and sat down a cardboard box full of alcohol.

"Thanks, looks like we are going to be packed tonight. We have 20 reservations and 18 tables" I laughed. We had been packed since the buzz got out that I worked here.

"I will bring a couple more tables out or break the big ones apart for some smaller seating options. Any idea on how many private rooms?"

"Yeah there are five- we've got Hayden Christiansen and his girlfriend, a local watch designer, that guy who just won project runway, a voice singer; it's his birthday so will have to pull out all the stops for him, and the last one is an anonymous Billboard recording artist." I scrolled through our list of reservations and mentally checked off where I was placing each person.

"The appetizers look fantastic tonight Manuela!" I hollered back into the kitchen where there was an array of perfectly placed dishes.

"Tapas! We call them tapas, we haven't called them appetizers in 2 years!" He mumbled something in Spanish quickly under his breath

"Sorry!" I turned to Grant "Geez, someone needs a drink" I teased him.

"Speaking of..." Grant pulled the bottle of Grey Goose from underneath the bar and set two shot glasses on top. He poured them both full to the point of overflowing on the counter. "Cheers!"

I dipped my head down to the bar and placed the shot glass in my mouth tipping it back without using my hands. " So strong" I choked "Here's to a long night" I walked around barefoot to the back of the room to set up the tables.

"Doors open in 20, are we ready?" I yelled back to my staff who was all coming in the lounge looking as though they died. "I know you guys have finals and are drained from school, but let's take a shot and do this damn thing!" I turned the music on, trying to drum up some excitement.