Morning After

The cold breeze woke me up

The cold breeze woke me up. My feet were hanging off the end of the bed freezing cold. The rest of the sheets wrapped around our bodies. His arm pinned me down holding me by the waist. His breath was in my ear and I could feel his heartbeat against my back. I sat their in the bed thinking. Thinking about him. How amazing he was. We laid on the bed and made out all night. No guy had ever shown me the amount of respect Niall had. Yet still, no matter how amazing the night was I knew it had to end.

The daylight peeking through the windows was a sign that the night was over and I had to go back to Jesse.

"Morning gorgeous" He squeezed me from behind giving me a hug and pushing my hair out of my face so he could place a kiss on my forehead. Why was he so damn cute?

"Good morning" I squeezed him back and then sat up. I searched on the floor for my clothes, I had ended up in his navy blue 'Derby or Die' shirt since he wouldn't let me retrieve my bra under the bed. Niall sat up with me in only a pair of black Calvin Klein boxers. "Leaving so soon?" he reached for me and pulled me back down unto the bed. He interlaced our fingers together and pressed his lips against mine. Our lips danced together, completely in tune with each other. We had kissed a few times now and I was starting to learn what he liked. I tugged at his hair and bit his lip lightly making him want more. I pulled away from his grip and peeked at my phone. I jumped off the bed quickly realizing I only had one hour to be at the lobby of the Marble Arch Hotel, which was luckily only a block from Niall's hotel.

"Everything okay Brooke?" he sat on the edge of the bed as I scrambled on the floor gathering my dress which was in a heap on the floor.

"I just shouldn't have stayed the night" I peeled his shirt off my body and threw it back to him on the bed where he sat watching me dress.

"Why do you say that love?" he looked saddened by my remark

"I have to meet Jesse in an hour and I am still in last nights clothes" I peeked over at the floor length mirror in front of me. My hair was in tangles and my makeup had all worn off throughout the night. I looked awful. Bags were forming under my eyes from the measly 6 hours of sleep we hag gotten. "I just really have to go, sorry" I held the bed post with one hand and messed with my shoe with the other.

"Okay, will you at least let me walk you out?" he was now pulling a grey hoodie over his body and black sweat pants.

"Sure, you can walk me out" I walked over to him to hold his hand and lead him to the door.

We stood there against his door staring into each others eyes. Both of us knowing that this could be the last time we see each other. He kissed me softly and then deep as if to leave me wanting more. Then he lifted the shirt he had draped across his shoulder and placed it over mine. "Keep it" he said "It looks better on you anyways."

I reached down to see it was his Derby shirt I slept in. I bit my lip hard knowing how badly I wanted to stay with him. How if I wanted too, we could make this hotel room our private little oasis. But I knew the consequences of that action and could not let Jesse destroy my career before it even got started.

"Take care Niall" I whispered in his ear and began reaching for the door.

"That's it then?" he scoffed

"What do you mean?" I knew exactly what he meant. I was being cold towards him and acting as if our connection wasn't there. I was trying to pull away from him so I didn't hurt him before things got too serious but I could see the sting of me leaving all over his face.

"No number or nothing? How am I supposed to reach you?" he rested his head on the door jam and held my hand from where he stood. I stood outside the hotel room in the hallway staring back at him.

"I'm sorry, I have to go" I dropped his hands and quickly walked towards the elevator in front of me. I pushed the hotel lobby button and waited for the doors to close.

As the doors began to close he pushed them open with his hand and got in next to me .

" Brooke I told you I didn't just want a fling with you. I thought last night was the start to something, but your acting strange love." he searched for my eyes as my head hung low trying not to look at him.

"Like I told you before Niall, its complicated." I pushed the lobby button on the elevator

"You explained it to me, and to me it sounds like you need to give him a kick to the curb, It's pretty clear he doesn't care about you, and you don't neither". He tipped my chin up to see my watery eyes beginning to tear up. "I don't know whats stopping you Brooke" he wiped a tear from my cheek and rested his hand on my face. "I didn't think I would meet anyone as special as you on this trip, you caught me off guard." suddenly the elevator door dinged and we were on the lobby floor.

"Shit!" I pushed the door close and hit the parking garage button "Niall, you have to get out, their are too many people in the lobby and this can't get out about us." I pushed his hand off my face.

"Is this really what you want Brooke? Ending things before they even get started between us?" he searched for the answers in my face but I wasn't giving him any.

"Niall, I had a wonderful night and I am not going to lie to you. The chemistry is there and I do really like you." his face lit up. "But, I am with Jesse right now and if the press catches me with you it could ruin a lot of things for me, movies, photo shoots, my career is just taking off" his heart dropped.

The parking garage doors swung open and I rushed out, ducking my head down under my hat so that passerby's wouldn't see my face streaming with tears. When I looked back at the elevator, the doors were closed and Niall was gone.