I Wanna Write You A Song

BROOKES POV

BROOKES POV

I sat in the limo quiet, not a word would escape my mouth, even if I tried. Jesse had drank way too much in fake celebration and was passed out in the seat next to me. When we pulled up to his house in the hills his bodyguard Sam pulled him out of the car and helped him walk to his room. When his door was shut and I could hear the snoring coming from the door across the hall I scrambled around the room packing a bag. I picked dirty t-shirts and dresses off the floor and shoved them into my bag. I threw on some cotton leggings underneath Niall's flanel vest and placed black tennis shoes on my feet. I ran to the living room looking for the security cameras. I knew the only place I wouldn't be caught on camera would be in the bathroom. I shut the bathroom door behind me and opened the window arching my back and climbing out till my feet touched the floor below.

I had seen Jesse open the gate a dozen times I just couldn't remember the code. The gate was way too tall for me to attempt climbing over so I ran to the number pad and entered in the numbers I remembered. 3,3,5,9*. I pushed the buttons and the key pad lit up red indicating I was wrong. "Damn it!" I whispered under my breath. I tried again closing my eyes and thinking about the pattern his fingers moved in every time the gate opened. I pushed each number with my eyes closed and hit the * key. The pad lit up green and the gate began to swing open. I slipped past the frame as it opened slightly and quickly shut the gate behind me.

Now in the hills of Hollywood I walked through the dark streets until I reached a lamp post and caught my breath. I knew exactly where Niall would be and I had to get to him fast. I pulled my phone out and ordered a cab.

The cab picked me up three blocks from Jesse's house. The cab driver instantly recognized me even with the fedora pulled down over my eyes.

"Hey! Congrats on the engagement, its all over the news!" he bellowed

Damn it. Damn it. Damn it. That meant that Niall had probably already seen what had happened. It amazed me that E! News and all the other channels had already been reporting it on their websites even though it was now 2:30 in the morning. I looked down at my phone where hundreds of twitter followers were adding me and my instagram was blowing up with behind the scenes shots from the club.

I handed the cab driver a wad of cash "You can keep it all if you pretend you never saw me tonight."

he nodded in agreement "Where too?"

"Ritz Carlton in Beverly Hills" I responded. I looked down at my phone and it was going crazy. Notification after notification lighting up the screen and sucking up my battery life. I held the top button and waited till the light disappeared and the phone went black.

When we pulled up to the Ritz I stepped out of the cab and hurried up to the front lobby. It was 4:30 in the morning and I knew Niall would be sleeping. I also knew it was a possibility that he would be sharing a room with the rest of the band. I picked up my phone, turned it back on and dialed his number which went straight to voicemail. It was not my night. I walked up to the concierge desk who met my eyes and recognized me immediately.