Sleep On It

NIALLS POV

NIALLS POV

I watched as the cab pulled out of the driveway and on to the streets. Downing the shot in my hands and tossing her bra across the room in anger. I knew what I was getting myself into. I convinced myself it was real with her and this wouldn't be our last night together. I knew if we had sex there would be no turning back so I stopped myself before it reached that point. But I still wanted to feel her, to show her that I could be the guy to take care of her and please her. I was tempted to toss the bottle of tequila across the room and let the glass shatter in pieces all over the room. It was past midnight and she was gone. I probably wouldn't see her again. I couldn't figure out what it was that was so bad that she couldn't pull away from this agreement with Jesse.

I went into the bedroom and fixed the sheets. Making my way back to the living room to snack on whatever was in the cupboard and turn on some telly.

Then I heard the gate open and a cab pull up. I put down the bag of chips in my hand and ran outside as quickly as I could. I was going to hold her and work it out. I knew that I was starting to fall for this girl that I had only known for a few days. When the cab doors opened and out popped Harry and Louis in the back.

"Nialler, what are you doing out here in your knickers?" Louis asked as he exited the cab.

I had forgotten that I didn't put my pants back on and was standing in the driveway with a half buttoned t-shirt, underwear and no shoes. I must have looked like an idiot.

"I thought you were someone else" I shook my head

"Someone you are going to greet like this?" Harry laughed

"Yeah, Brooke just left" I tried my best to not show emotion, the guys were always laughing about how emotional I was when it came to women.

"Brooke..... the hot lingerie model?" Louis chimed in.

"Yeah, that Brooke" I rolled my eyes annoyed that they were still all referring to her as that

"Did you shag her?" Harry arched his eyebrow at me

"No, its complicated" I made my way back into the house as all of them followed behind me.

"Niall, you have to tell us what happened" Louis pressed

"Yeah, spill" Harry sat on the coffee table and motioned for me to join him

Louis stood up and grabbed 4 glasses from the shelf and brought a bottle of scotch with him "Seems we all could use a glass?" he poured a glass for each of us.

"Wheres Liam?" I asked

"He is staying at the hotel tonight with a girl he met, trying to make the most of the trip since we all leave in the morning." Louis swigged his glass back.

"Looks like I'm the only one who didn't get laid this trip" I mocked myself as I chugged the glass of ice and whiskey in my hand.

"Don't go changing the subject on us" Harry jokingly nudged me

"Fine. Brooke and I have been seeing each other. But we can't keep seeing each other because she has a contract with Jesse" I motioned for Louis to re-fill my glass and tried to keep my frustration under control.

"A contract?" Louis asked

"Publicity. Her and Jesse have a mutual agreement between their agencies to date for PR" I was finally starting to feel the alcohol kick in.

"Well if it is for PR then its not gonna last too long mate, all those fake relationships where the agencies make money off of you end quickly. You remember how quickly T Swifty and I lasted" Harry assured me

"That's just it Hair, she signed it for a year" I was now seeing double as the alcohol took over.

"A year!?" Louis yelled "That's a long time lad, that's like a whole tour." he leaned back against the chair.

"I know. That's why I got pissed and threw her out" I kept my eyes closed with the room spinning around me.

"So you got all gushy and asked her to choose you and when she said no you threw her out? Typical Nialler. Your'e such a softy. I would have fucked her first." Harry teased me

"Fuck you lad" I joked " I really like her there's something different about her" I began thinking about her eyes, her hair against my chest, her warm skin on mine.

"Niall, you barely know the girl. We travel the world meeting new girls in every city we go too. I know you haven't had many girlfriends but all you see is a hot super model with a nice rack, you will get over her quick" he stood up and ruffled my hair. "I am heading to bed, we are going to have major jet lag when we arrive in LA tomorrow" Harry stood up and walked to the bedroom.

Louis and I sat their in the quiet.

"Niall, do you really like this girl?" Louis asked me

"All I know is my blood boils when I see her with McCartney" I now had a pounding headache from all the alcohol.

"It's okay to be jealous. If you really like her than I don't think you should give up" Louis said

"Yeah but I don't know what to do Louis, I kicked her out in the cold after we had just fooled around" I pointed to the bra which was underneath the entry way table from me flinging it earlier.

Louis knelt down to pick her bra off the floor "Lace, nice, remind me to make girls angry more often" he laughed

"Not funny mate" but I cracked up laughing with him

"So what's your plan than Nialler?" he sat on the couch next to me taking the glass out of my hand "First, lets put down the scotch, it looks like you had enough already"

"I haven't figured out a plan yet. A year is a long time and I am afraid if we keep talking to each other I wont be able to stop. She has a tight grip on me" I uncrossed my legs and leaned back more in the couch suddenly feeling sick from the alcohol.

"Then maybe you just don't talk to her till you get it all sorted out in your head. If she tries to reach out just ignore it until you figure out what you want to do. Maybe just try to sleep her off" he nudged my arm and walked off towards the bedroom.

I got under the covers and laid staring at the ceiling. The smell of her still lingered in the sheets. She smelled like peaches and champagne and her perfume was glittery so she left my pillow shimmering. I looked at my phone to see if she had tried to call but all that was on my screen was twitter notifications from fans. I laid there thinking about what an idiot I was for kicking her out. How stupid I was for taking it farther than I wanted too, now it would be impossible to get the sound of her moaning out of my mind. I closed my eyes and drifted off.