Jesse's Girl

BROOKE POV

BROOKE POV

It's been nearly two weeks since I had seen him. Pictures of Niall drunk and hooking up with a blonde girl from the CW flooded the front pages of the tabloids and sucked up space on my news feed. But I just tried my best to walk past the magazines without letting my emotion get the best of me. I was hurt but more so I was angry that I fell for someone who had a plan to break my heart the entire time. I saw that he went to the Aria awards single but had plenty of girls hanging all over him. I had to just put him in the back of my mind.

Jesse and I both agreed to start over with each other. I was willing to give Jesse a second chance. I had been blinded by Niall the whole time, and I wasn't able to see that Jesse had cared about me the whole time. But I kept my guard up with Jesse after what happened. I was not going to get drunk and hook up with him again. I was not even sure if I could develop feelings for Jesse in a romantic way but he was a nice guy and he seemed to care for me. So maybe this wouldn't be so bad.

"Brooke, get in here, hurry!" Jesse shouted excitingly across the room

"What's going on?" I ran to the room where he had his cell phone in his hand

"My agent just called and Victoria Secret wants you to do the finale in the show this Saturday!" he gushed

"Seriously?!" I jumped in pure excitement

"Yes! Also I am going off to film a movie for a bit, about two weeks. I will be leaving the night after your runway show. It is in Hawaii. We are going to have to push the wedding back a week or two. We will explain it to the press as a work opportunity and they will be supportive" he reached for me to embrace me in a hug.

I still was not sure about how I felt about Jesse hugging me or touching me like this. But his support felt good and so I let him wrap his arms around me.

"We need to get ready to get you to your Cover Girl shoot, are you ready?" he grabbed the keys off of the counter

"Yeah just let me grab my bag" I went into the room and grabbed my purse and whipped it over my shoulder. Jesse had given me back my phone when we landed in L.A. It was hard for me to not scroll through my text messages with Niall wondering how all the things he said to me could have been fake. Was their not an ounce of sincerity in our relationship? I slid my phone into my purse and pulled my sunglasses over my eyes hiding the disappointed look on my face.

When we arrived at the studio Jesse pulled up to the gate and the security waved us in. I was still shocked that Cover Girl had chosen me to be there new spokes model. I had to constantly dodge allegations about Niall and I, but Jesse played it off with the press as we were trying to hire One Direction as our band for our wedding and that Niall and I were just friends. It seemed because Niall was spotted out with the girl at the club  and was rumored to be dating multiple other women, that the press were letting up on the questions about Niall and I.