Annalise

Author - https://www.wattpad.com/user/strangerstale

Rating - good

synopsis - Engaged before she's reached adulthood, Annalise Jamison has to accept the customs of her people, a jealous fiance, and the loss of her closest friends. As she pushes back against those who want to control her life, she learns that the secrets of the past are affecting her future and that those secrets run as deep as blood, and have the power to rip her away from everything she loves.

Review - Okay, so yeah....the blurbs short. I'm glad I looked passed this and started the story anyway, to be honest even though it's rather uninformative I was still intrigued enough to give it a go.

I knew from the second chapter that I'd be adding this one, the writing is good, a nice style that flows well and drags you into the story. Annalise isn't particularly strong, or special, or unique - she's simply unlucky enough to have caught the eye of the current Alpha to be. Throughout the story she remains steady in her hate for Eric - as the reader, trust me, the hate turns quite quickly to 'I want to stab that guy real hard.'

There's something quite special about this book, it's one that has endless possibilities. The one thing I wasn't overly fussed on was the rather abrupt ending, but I also think that there's so much that could be added to this story to take it from good to exceptional that i'll take the abrupt ending and hope one day it'll be rewritten to include a lot more of the appearance of the Dire wolves for instance and a back story for Cristian.

Sometimes I loved Annalise, sometimes I wanted to smack her for not standing up for herself and sometimes I wished someone else would do it for her - her mother or bother for instance. And then I realised that, that's kind of the point - no one can stand up for her and she was taking the best option available at the time by keeping her mouth shut. I truly appreciated the turn of the story and giving the female lead what she wanted all along - it's nice to finally have a story like this where she might start off with the arse end of the stick (that may be a british saying but I hope you get my point) but gets a turnaround in her favour. Give a go I loved it.