The Rogue Queen

Author - https://www.wattpad.com/user/ReignHolland

@ReignHolland 

Again apologies for the poor screenshot above - it'll be changed as soon as I'm at my laptop.

Rating - very good (this is an early rating and may change once I've completed reading)

Synopsis - Book one of the Crystal Empire Series

"The king may wear the crown, but it is darkness that rules." The world was a hell-scape, darkness clouded the each corner of the realm. It's sinful touch ranging from the rulers to the rebels. Lost in the misery of the Blood Reign are creatures fighting for revenge and survival. It is a battle of the fittest where only the vicious and broken come out alive.

Review - As shown above, this is an early add and I've yet to complete reading - Im only on chapter 5 so far - so this could either be a really good recommendation, or a really bad one :) I have high hopes for the former though, simply because i felt the need to add it here so that everyone can get the same feels I've got already from it.

There's a few issues - tense swaps from past to present and some sentence construction but it's nothing that severly impares the read and I got over that pretty quickly, and here's why -

I love Elysium. I thought the name would piss me off, I thought it was another one of those crappy ones that think theyre clever and like giving their characters awkward AF names...but it's sooo not. She's a fab character, she's interesting, she's layered - as in there's more than just one side to her - and I can't wait to see where she goes from here. Her wolf is perfect, I love the description and the consistency of detachment that gives an awesome picture of the animal. Remember - crazy is always better :)

The writing is smart, there's decent structure and the plot has already drawn me in. I hope it continues in the same vein as the start, because if it does, then it's a series I'll be happily hooked on.