The Rise

Author - https://www.wattpad.com/user/ZeroWineThirty

Rating - Good

Synopsis - Sequel to 'The Bite.'

*You need to read 'The Bite' first before you read 'The Rise,' otherwise you're going to be very lost down this rabbit hole. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------It takes more than a bite. Charlotte has gone from being a broken human to a strong she-wolf and a damn Thorne, but now she and her mate, Ethan, are standing on the edge of deliverance or doom as they grapple with a revelation that changes everything. They have to move fast to protect the ones they love, protect their pack, and most of all each other; but will it be enough? Will they rise to the occasion or fade into ash as the fires of failure lick them up?There's will be blood. There will be your two favorite vampires and a lot of good food. There will be ass beatings, twists, turns, and whole lotta Levi. It's either rise or fall, and this time, it's going to take more than a bite to save them.

Review - So these next two books on the list are obvious ones - I really wanted to give you guys something new and I've been trying but dammit the talent pot is running a little low...

This is quite obviously the sequel to the 'The Bite' and so far its just as interesting. You get a fab conclusion to the Thomas saga and I'm looking forward to seeing where the author goes from here and what else she can come up with to keep the drama going. 

Ethan is still hot stuff and the relationship between the two progressing nicely. Charlotte has grown a little more into her wild side and I do love the strong female that isn't afraid to get down and dirty - give out a little of that ass beating. :)

Lets not forget the real star of the show - Levi.

Love me some of that man. He's still grouchy, grumpy and weirdly attractive even though he's meant to be more of a father figure in the story - I can't help myself, it's all his growly damn wolfs fault. 

One of the best things? 

It's got a high possibility of actually getting finished! YAY! seriously had about enough of recommending books that then fail to be updated, I've got good feelings about this one!

Side note - How do you all feel about the whole betrayal tag that seems to be appearing on werewolf books? 

As far as I'm concerned, a big reason for the popularity of paranormal romance as a whole is the mate aspect. 

Now forgive me if I'm wrong but, isn't the whole point of mates that they don't cheat? You get possessive males, annoyingly over grabby males, bitey males....but you don't get cheating males.

If you pop along to ellora's cave publishing - they publish alot of romance/paranormal/sci fi/erotica etc, on their submission page they list exactly what they look for in an authors work. I'm paraphrasing, but it goes along the lines of - Whatever you do, once the two main characters meet, do not write intercourse between one of them and any other character unless its in a menage setting. Many readers will not finish the book if the characters cheat - it tends to be seen as irredeemable and they will not forgive the cheater or read any other books by you. 

To be honest - I totally agree, I literally find myself incapable of liking a character that cheats, it's like some inbuilt trigger that completely puts me off the rest of the story. I think I've maybe finished one or two books that have included cheating and that's only because they were particularly well written. 

What's your take on it? perhaps it's just my inability for forgiveness ;D