Golden Bonds

Apologies for the poor screen shot  above, my phone wouldn't expand the cover for some reason, I'll change it when I'm at my laptop.

Author - https://www.wattpad.com/user/NJKuhr

@NJKuhr

Rating - good

Synopsis - (Featured in Werewolf)

Parker Westwood is well on her way to qualifying for the US woman's gymnastics team. Determined to be on that podium in red white and blue with a gold medal around her neck. She could do it too but the Phoenix Basin pack has other plans for her. She survived what she thought was a dog attack only to be chained up in a kennel underground. There's someone else there too, though not in the cage. There's someone else inside her head. A second presence, another soul living inside her. One with fangs who's just as scared and angry as Parker is. Werewolves. She'd been attacked by werewolves and they turned her. Even if she manages to escape where could she run? She can't go to the police and cry wolf, she can't go back to the gym. Her dreams are over. Wolfing out in the middle of a double layout is grounds for disqualification, oh and death. Parker's living in a hell and try as she might there is no escaping. An unlikely group has come to spring her out and destroy her tormentors. Another Wolf pack. The Phoenix pack is out of control and needs to be taken out. But is it too late? Is there enough left of Parker's sanity that she can be saved? Or will she and her wolf be put down along with her abusers?

Review - I'm going to preface this by saying that the storyline is somewhat cliche - thats not a bad thing in this case - mostly because its written well enough to surpass those that have come before it. I knew what would happen, I picked out the antagonist from the beginning....but....still not a bad thing, and heres why...

Parker manages to be both the victim, and weirdly, a strong character throughout. She takes what has happened and turns it into fear but reading it, it doesnt become a weakness, just a product of her environment and how she eventually overcomes that weakness is nice to watch.

I loved Bash. He became my favourite male of all time in this, not because of how hot he was or how much of a growly wolf he was but simply because the author managed to write him as more than just the typical alpha male. He was most definately in charge, but he was also considerate and careful without pandering to any perceived weakness on either of their parts. He (and possibly rikkard because i love me some cajun) were the most well rounded and interesting characters ive seen for a while. 

And heres where i like this one - even though its a little cliche, and even though i'd figured out the ending early, i still wanted to finish the book because i was still interested in the relationship between parker and bash. Thats where the story became something i wanted to add here - when it eclipsed everything else that was happening and it was just about the two of them. 

Have a go, like i said its a much better example than the rest that tries to mimic the same kind of plot.