Choosing to leave

The rain intensified by the minute;pillows of clouds formed into one. A wall of rain formed over the apartment. The steady drums of each droplet chimed in your ears. As you exited the apartment, Leorio rolls down the windows. His face pale and his expression completely terrified.

He nods his head towards the back seat where you expect Kurapika to be. Opening the door to the car, Chrollo was sitting beside Kurapika.

His mouth wrapped with a white cloth a small wound was seen near his right eye. Chrollo’s body wrapped in chains but he expressed no pain, he only gave you a blank stare.

“Let’s go.” You say nothing as you ducked your head to get in the car.

You sat beside Chrollo, your eyes don’t meet his gaze.

"Where are we going?" Hopefully a conversation would spark, just to distract you from Chrollo.

"I'll tell you after this call." Kurapika dials in a number before he places the phone in his ear.

A long silence rang through the car.

"Shit, I lost signal." Kurapika grits his teeth together.

"Wait till we go through the city, you will get some bars there." Leorio says from the front. Another long pause took place within the vehicle.

Your eyes caught sight of Kurapika's hand, it balled up in to a fist. His eyes turning in to scarlet red.

"Kurapika?" It took him a few seconds to react.

"What?" You look in to his eyes, you sigh.

"Don't turn this hunt in to an addiction." You finally say in a solid tone. "Your health is your priority."

"You wouldn't understand, losing such a loss-"

"Don't say things that you're unsure of Kurapika." You snap. "The people I have lost weighs on me as much as your loss weighs on you."

Another pause.

"What I meant to say is that I'm worried you'll take this mission as far as to your grave."

"You're not wrong."

"So there's nothing that is going to hold you back?"

"Nothing." He answers solidly.

"Not even Gon, Killua or Leorio? Not even your friends?"

Kurapika seemed to calm down a bit. He sighs but telling by his expression he will take his mission a bit easier now. Relieved by his decision , you smile to yourself.

"Good choice."