8.

I was laying there in the hospital room with Lana sleeping beneath me. I don't know why but I have this connection with her that I only have with a few people. Like my mother and two other woman who I concider my moms because they act like my mom. And it takes more than one lady to raise me. I was drawing circles on her stomach just letting my finger graze her skin. Today I get to go to Lanas place because she won't let me stay in my trailer.  I want to sleep but my mind wont shut down. Her skin shivered as I swept my finger against it again. She's awake.
"Em why are you awake." Her voice grog ally. I shrugged my shoulders against her and drew a square. She ran her fingers through my hair, I leaned into the touch. She started to hum a song I didn't recognize. But I soon fell asleep.

Lanas POV
She fell asleep after I hummed a soft part of the song superheroes. I ran my fingers a couple more times through her hair and sighed. I don't know what's happening. Her mom is constantly calling or texting just checking up on her like any mother would do. But I feel a little bit of jealousy about the connection the two of them have. I know I shouldn't but I do! I feel like Emilee will go back to her mom after all the shooting is down and I'll never see her again. I feel like she's just going to ignore me once she leaves. I was so tired that I feel asleep mid thought.

I woke up to a long beep and being hurried out of the bed. After I got my balance I saw the doctor and nurses trying to start Emilees heart. I put my hand up to my mouth and cried. After a couple more her beat came back and she was breathing normal again.
"What happened?" I asked the doctor who was scribbling something on a pad.
"Her heart stopped. Like some one had just went crack over her head and her heart stopped. Sorry to wake you." Just then the door swung open and Adam, Eddie, Jen, Ginny, and Bex ran in the room the girls looking like they just woke up. Jen was wearing sweats and a tank top and her hair in a messy bun, Ginny in basketball shorts and a big sweat shirt her hair uncombed, and Bex in fluffy pajama shorts and a longs sleeve her curly red hair down. Adam and Eddie came up to me asking a bunch of questions.
"What happened is she ok?" "Is she alive?" "Is she still going to act?" Were a few of what I caught.
"Sit down and I might tell you I just woke up!" I snapped. They all looked at me amazed that I snapped but sat down either in a chair at the end of the bed or on the floor. I took a deep breath.
"I woke up to being pushed out of the bed and they were trying to start her heart. Yes she is alive. They are still discharging her today, and as far as I know she is still acting. Right now she is just sleeping." Sat next to Emilee and put a hand on her arm. Adam was the first to speak.
"Your still gonna take her right?" He asked the question everyone wanted to hear the answer for.
"Yes." Was all I said.
"Us lady's are going to stick with you. We're going to help you out call us when you're  on your way home. For now I'm going back to bed." The girls agreed and they left. A couple minutes of getting things arranged for Emilee with Adam and Eddie they left to. I was at the sink in her room splashing water on my face when I heard giggling. I looked to see that Emilee was giggling and when she saw me she busted out laughing. When she stopped she winced in pain but her big sleepy goofy smile remained. I sat down on the chair next to her her eyes never leaving me.
"What's so funny?" I crossed my legs and rested my chin on the palm of my hand.
"Just that I managed to be hit my a car while running on the side walk and getting my back stocked up again, then almost dying." She laughed a little then sighed happily. I couldn't help but smile at the girl that thought almost dying and scaring the hell out of me was funny. The doctor came and helped Emilee get out of bed and walk and told me that she needs to be getting up and walking as well as sitting in chairs when eating. It would also help to walk stairs but no running for another month. When she asked him about boxing he said not till she can run. She told him that she'll run out off the hospital but he said that if she did the stitches in her back would come out she gave up.

I called Emilees mom to tell her everything that happened then called Ginny. I was driving home with Emilee sitting next to me and all her bags in the back seat or the trunk, on the way to my house.
"So how does it feel?" I put a hand on her knee and drove with my left.
"To what? Be alive or out of the hospital?" She asked sarcastically. I rolled my eyes.
"Everything above sassy pants." I turned onto my road and noticed  seven cars parked indent of my house they left enough room for me to get into the garage.
"Good I guess. Looks like everyone is here." She leaned forward but quickly sat back from the pain in her ribs. I hummed my agreement and pulled into my drive way pushing the button to the door. We drove in and I shut the door and turned of the car.

Emilees POV
We sat there for a couple minutes before getting out. We decided to just leave my stuff in the car till later. Lana wrapped an arm under my shoulder and helped me walk up the few steps to the door. We walked in and pushed off our shoes. I went into the kitchen and everyone that was in there froze. Ginny and Jen were at the stove cooking and Josh and Sean wear cutting fruit at the counter Jared and Colin were sitting at the bar and everyone else was spread through out the kitchen and living room. They all froze. Lana came up behind me and stopes looking at everyone.
"Hey." Victoria said from the couch. She had Lola on her lap. Everyone went back to what they were doing couple came up and hugged me. Bailey walked over and smiled.
"Your alive! Yay!" She pulled back and we went to the couch. Victoria and Emilie sat on either side of us a couple more people came over and sat down on the couch or the floor in front of me.
"So darling how are you?" Victoria graves my hand.
"I'm alive." I smirked at Lana who had her arms around Jens waist. She rolled her eyes but tore away from her quickly when Fred walked in the front door. Nobody looked at him. She walked over to him and they hugged. He said a few words but his phone inturupted him.
"Well how's your ribs? Sore?" Bailey asked scrunching her face as if imagining the pain.
"Ya but it's more of a dull pain then anything else." I rubbed the spot were I had a brace rapped around me to keep my ribs from going in or out. We talked a bit longer but then Eddie told everyone dinner was ready. People grabbed food and sat at the table or on the couch. I ate some fruit but that was all.

After everyone left I was laying on the couch going through Twitter seeing all the get wells and so on. I also saw those that people were asking me about my back but I ignored them. There was a dip in the couch. I looked up to see Ginny.
"Thought you went home." I turned off my phone and sat up. She put her arms around me.
"No I thought I'd help Lana tonight. Your a handful." She giggled. I smiled and wrapped my arms around her but in a position wear I didn't hurt myself.
Lana walked in with a tear streaked face and puffy eyes. Ginny got up and went to her asking if she was alright.

Lanas POV
"Yes Ginny I'm fine." I wasn't fine I was dandy! Turns out Fred has been cheating on me! I know I do it to but he called off our marriage claiming he didn't feel anything anymore. What an idiot! She pulled me into the bathroom and locked the door.
"What happened?" She put her hands on her hips pushing out her stomach a little bit.
"Fred and I are getting a divorce." I blew my noise then sat on the side of the tub.
"Oh hunny!" She sat next to me pulling me into a hug. We sat there for an hour before we heard a loud thud and laughing. We raced out of the bathroom to see Emilee laughing on the floor. I rushed over to her and smiled but then frowned when I saw that she had a scratch from the coffee table on her forehead.
"Emilee you need to be more careful! You hit your head and got hit by a car almost died! What else do you want on you death wish list!" Ginny came into the room with a bandaid and put it on Emilee who calmed down it was still smiling.
"Life's to short to not laugh." I rolled my eyes.
"For you it will be."

We staid up watching  tv but then went to bed. Ginny staid in the guest while Emilee slept in mine. After she fell asleep I put an arm around her hips protectively. I don't want to lose her.

Comment
&
Vote!!!