17.

We walked out of the mall to my 2013 four door dodge pickup.
"This is yours?" She asked opening the back door and throwing her bags onto the seat.
"Yea it used to be my uncles." I jumped up in the seat and started it.
"It sounds awesome!" She closed her door. I pulled out and drove a bit north to my aunts house. Apparently she has some people that she wants me to either meet or something I was half listening.
We pulled into her drive way behind her car and got out. We walked to the door. I knocked about a second later she opened the door.
"Emilee! Lana! Come in!" We walked into the kitchen to see Adam and Eddie standing there.
"Hey what are you guys doing here?" I hugged both. I looked to Lana and saw that she already knew what was going on.
"We are here to see if you'd like to come back next season which starts in two weeks." We had sat down with them on one side my aunt at the head and Lana at my right.
"I uh have to decline." Lana and Kalani looked at me and said what?! In unison. I took a deep breath.
"I'm being deployed after graduation this Friday." I said looking at my folded hands.
"How are you being deployed you can't go to basic training if you haven't graduated? Can you?" Kalani asked. Lana had a death grip on my hand.
"I went to school at basic." I winced in pain for her grip but she didn't loosen it either.
"When were you going to tell me?" Lana asked making me face her. I just looked back at my hands.
"That's great we will have you when you get back," Eddy looked at his watch,"we should be heading our plane leaves in an hour." They got up and shook hands with everyone and left going to there car they had rented.
When it was just us Kalani said she needed to go to the store so if we were leaving to lock the door. But really I think that was her way of getting us to talk.
I sat on the couch going through my latest newsfeed. She came over and plucked it out of my hand. I just rolled my eyes.
She sat next to me with a leg under her.
"Emilee when were you planing on telling me? When you were shot?" I looked to the side avoiding her gaze. I didn't help I could feel her staring a whole right through me. "Emilee. Look at me." I stayed were I was till she moved in front of me. She pushed my chin lightly with her index finger. I meet her eyes to see questioning behind them.
"I didn't want to worry you." I whispered. Her eyes softened and she came up and hugged me. I hugged her as I broke down. I moved back so we were laying side by side with me balling. She stroked my hair while whispering.
"You'll always worry me dear." I buried my face into her shoulder. We stayed like that for for awhile.
When I calmed down she was running her fingers through my hair.
"Do you want to stay at my house till graduation?" I tightens my grip on her slightly trying not to break down even more.
"Ya kid I will." We moved off the couch to my truck and drove the hour and a half to my house.

Time laps: 4 days.
I graduated yesterday and today is the day I leave on my plane to go to Iraq. It was five in the mourning the stars biting like tinny fire flies. I got dressed in my basic uniform and put my hair in a bun. Last night I had put all of my stuff in the back of my truck so all I had to do was grab my back pack. I ate a banana and went out the door and down the few stairs. I walked down the rock/brick path to my truck. I wanted to make everything easier by leaving early that way I wouldn't have to say goodbye. What I didn't notice was that my mom truck wasn't there and neither was my dads.
I drove south an hour and a half to a town called Cedar city. I turned into the airport parking lot to see a lot of others there loading their stuff into the plan and saying goodbye to there families. I parked in the back and unloaded my toate and slung my back pack over my shoulder. I carried the almost 60 pound toate to the area were they were loading and set it down. I walked in the building to go to the bathroom to be hight with a lot of people saying my name and cameras flashing. I caught my balance and looked around to see all of my family plus some of the cast. My mom and dad were standing to the side while my dad was on the other. Lana and the girls came rushing up to me and were talking all at once while hugging and crying. They shared some emberessing stories of my time out there but I didn't care. After hugging everyone and saying good bye it was time to line up. I hugged my parent one more time. We walked out side and I was about to go through the gate when Lana came up behind me and pulled me back into a hug. She stuffed something in my pocket.
"When your missing home." She whispered then let go. We smiled as I turned around and went to the gate. She smacked my butt causing me to yelp. Everyone bursts into a huge fit of laughter. When I got in line I straightened my poster. As I walked I could here the families of the others crying and cheering. I glanced back to see Lana balling onto Jen who had some tears in her eyes. My mom was crying on my dad. My other dad had tears but was waving encouragingly. I stepped onto the plane and watched as the shut the door. I set my pack on my lap and buckled. I took a chain out of my pocket to see a dog tag locket. I opened it up and on one side was a picture of everyone at the port and on the other was one of my favorite quotes. "No mater were you are weather it's a quarter mile down the road or half way around the road I'll always find you." The last part wasn't from the actual quote it was ouat. I smiled and put it around my neck with my real dog tags. The plane started and a woman hurried and sat next to me. I looked at her to see she had blonde hair.
"Your Emilee Peterson. You play Thalia Colter on Once Upon A Time. What are you doing on here?" She extended her hand and we shook.
"I'm going to Iraq same as you. What's your name?" She adjusted her belt.
"Alex Anders." She smiled at me. Damn she's cute! Wait what? Your straight! Straight as a nail! Which has a curve for the top..... Shut up!
"Nice to meet you." The rest of the ride I either slept or read one of the books I had brought with me.

Comment
&
Vote!!!