15.

I sat there going through the channels on the Tv in my trailer when there was a brief knock at my door. I lifted myself off the couch and walked to the door. I opened it to see Jen standing there with Bex and Ginny.
"Emilee can we come in?" She asked. I looked between them for a moment before nodding and backing up for them to come in. They sat on the couch while I poured myself some lemonade.
"Want some?" I offered.
"Yes please." Jen and Ginny said in unison. Bex shook her head no and scrunched her nose. I shrugged and poured two more glasses and handed them their drinks. I leaned against the counter and took a swig.
"So?" Jen set her glass down and looked at the others for conformation.
"Emilee we know you said you didn't want anything from us except professional relationships and we totally get that. You don't want to get attached and go away and never have that again. But for the past month if you've noticed Lana hasn't been Lana." I looked at them in confusion. That's when Bex chimed in.
"You see Lana has always been open and happy she still is happy but not the happy that she used to be. She won't talk about her feelings anymore and she's been drinking the weekends away." I looked between the three of them. It was now December and we had a month before we got our break. I was now 18.
"This is my business why?" I drug the sentence out like a cat with a ball of yarn.
"Because she started drinking when she came back from our little adventure to Delcare." Ginny answered. I scoffed.
"So your saying this is my fault that she's dumping her sober ness?" I set my cup down and stared at them challenging.
"That's not what we are saying-" I cut Jen off.
"No that's exactly what your saying. That this is all my fault." I stayed calm long enough my anger was showing. And I didn't care.
"Guys can you give Emilee and I some time I need to talk to her." Ginny said. The other to looked at her questionably but decided to leave. After the door clicked behind them she pulled me to the couch.
"How's your baby boy?" I asked.
"Stop trying to dance around the subject and he's is fine. Emilee I don't care if I have to take you screaming and shouting you will come with me to Lanas one way or another. Unless you plan on explaining to your mother why you have hand marks on you you will go." This was the most stern voice I've heard her use before. It was scary.
"Why I don't want to go." I wined she tapped my leg.
"Nope up shoes let's go." I stood up and slipped on my cowboy boots. She stood up and pulled me out of the trailer to her car were Bex and Jen were already in. She opened the door and I got in and crossed my arms.
"Stop pouting your not 4." Ginny scolded as she drove from the lot towards Lanas house.

Lanas POV
I had been crying for about an hour but I decided not to drink it away so I was drinking green tea. It was disgusting but I drank it anyway. I laid down in my bed facing my window watching the cars on the highway go by.
I felt a dip in the bed thinking it was Jen I said what was on my mind freely.
"She's gone Jen. I let her go. She was my daughter and I let her go. Am I a bad mother? I know I'm not her real mother but I just feel like I failed." I sniffed then felt arms rap around me into a hug. It wasn't Jen. It was Emilee. I had just told her how I felt and she hugged me. I cried harder then turned around and sobbed onto her shoulder. I felt her tears on my chest as we laid there crying and hugging.
"You didn't fail. I did. I pushed because I knew I'd cause pain. Looks like I was right. Everywhere I go I cause pain." I hugged her tighter muffling the last few words but I heard them crystal clear.
"I love you Emilee." She clasped her hands around my lower back.
"I love you too." I smiled and ran my hand through her hair slightly pulling through the tangles. "I don't have a tender head you don't have to go soft." She smiled against my collar bone. I laughed lightly.
"Do you want to stay the night?" She laughed.
"I better other wise Ginny said she'll bring me back screaming and shouting and I'd have to explain to my other mother why I have hand marks on me." I laughed at Ginny's threat.
"Well dear we don't want that happening do we? She may not be pregnant anymore but she doesn't take shit no more." She giggled.
"I hope she doesn't take it that'd be weird." I pushed her away playfully at her humor. I pulled her back to me.
"Where did you get such a twisted sense of humor?" She breathes happily against neck.
"You'd be surprised what type of things you catch onto having a mom and her best friend living together." We both laughed non stop.
We talked for hours. I was rubbing Emilees back when she pulled it up and laid on her stomach.
"Whatcha doin?" She looked at me and smiled.
"It doesn't hurt you can touch it." I looked at her for a moment before I touched a scar gently and she hissed in pain. I jumped and retracted my hand.
"You said it didn't hurt!" She was laughing non stop.
"It doesn't I promise I just wanted to scare you!" She was laughing so hard that she had little tears rolling down her cheeks from how funny she found it. When she settled down I laid my index finger in one of the scars. She watched me the whole time. I traced her scars one by one. Sweeping back and forth. When I got to the dip in her back there was the bigger one that used to be two but got ripped so it was now one, I traced it lightly and she pushed her stomach into the bed trying to get away from my finger.
"What's wrong does this one hurt?" She shook her head no. I traced it again and watched as she squirmed.
"Are you ticklish right there?" I moved my hands to her sides and squeezed them lightly causing her to screech in surprise and laugh. "Oh my some one is ticklish here too! What other places is this one ticklish?" I moved my hands to the crease of her armpits but she clamped her arms down so I couldn't go any further. "Oh I see some one doesn't like being tickled do they?" She smiled at me before rolling out of my grasp.
"No I do not but I bet I could tickle you!" She lunged foreword and tackled me holing onto my sides. I doubled over laughing as she continued to tickle.
About an hour later we were both lying on the bed facing the ceiling panting.
"Well....we good?" She asked out of breath. I looked at her. I pulled her in and hugged her tight.
"Ya." That's when I got a question I wanted to ask her.
"Emilee you know now that I think of it I don't know much about you. Tell me." Ok it was more of a demand then a question. She snuggles closer to me bring her legs up slightly laying a foot on mine.
"Well I'm 18 you know who my bio parents are. My step dad adopted me when I was fourteen, same year everything happened. I've never dated like steady with anyone because I haven't found that person. I'm a virgin obviously. I'm Mormon. I have never drank or done anything like that nor do I plan on it. When I was 13 I wanted to become and actress and so my aunt helped me with that because she has ties to movie productions in Utah. Her youngest has been in a movie or two so have I. My favorite colors are sparkle turquoise and metallic silver. I have had braces and my favorite dog died when I was fourteen because she had cancer." She summed it up with a hum.
"What else did you want to be when you grew up?" I asked intentivlly.
"I wanted to be in the coast guard like the rest of my family. Neither my mom nor dad are but in general." I could see that happening because of how fit she was.
But I could also see her getting shot.
I didn't say anything else I just laid there  until I heard the steady breathing which indicated that she was asleep. I looked to the clock to see that it was 2:26 am. I laid back down and played with her hair till I fell asleep with my fingers lightly woven in her hair.

Comment
&
Vote!!