DATE Tate Langdon (Pre-Death) Part 1

There was never a lot of action at Westfield High in L.A. , in 1993.

But however, things had changed for you since a few months ago.

Lost in thoughts you turned around and even though there were a hundred faces surrounding you, your eyes immediatly met his.

Tate Langdon, the boy you fell in love with after socializing together a few times in one of the record shops.

The majority of the population at Westfield High considered him as the local freak.

But really, you saw nothing of that in him, you just knew Tate was not like the rest of the people in this joint.

Without looking away from his dark but mesmerizing eyes you suddenly realized they were coming closer to you.

Quickly you turned around to your locker to pretend as if you needed something out of it.

You squeezed your eyes closed tight as your breath hitched and your heart started pounding louder.

Someone behind you cleared their throat and you turned round halfway to realize it was indeed Tate Langdon himself.

You waited for him to speak.

And he did; 'Hey. Y/N, right?'

You smiled and nodded. 'That's me. Tate, right?' You felt your cheeks reddening but realized that his were as well.

Was he nervous?

He nodded. 'The one and only. Uhm, I was thinking...' His eyes looked ,away from yours and got glued to the tiled floor underneath the two of you. 'You seem really cool and I know that you're nor like the rest of 'em, so I was thinking I wanted to get to know you better... Do you want to... Catchamovielater?'

You didn't quite understood the last part because of his mumbling. 'I'm sorry, what?'

Tate's eyes met yours just for a split second before they shot back down. 'Do you want to catch a movie later? Or something, like... Anything, I don't care whatever you want to do.'

You felt like fainting but tried to keep calm, so you bowed your body slightly so you could look into his eyes.

'Are you asking me out?' You asked.

'You don't have to if you don't want to... I just...'

You tilted his head up and stared into his eyes. 'I'd love to go out with you.'

A beautiful smile plastered on his face. 'Really?'

'Pick me up at Wendy's at 7:00 tonight.' You stated before pecking his cheek and walking off to your class, leaving him mesmerized by you in the empty hallway.