Tate Langdon (PRE-DEATH): I'm Not Gonna Let Anyone Come Between Us

Requested by @Indefinitedreamer 

LOS ANGELES, 1992

You stood in front of your mirror, your fingers were trembling and your palms were sweaty.

You closed your eyes and listened to the clock tocking on the screaming bright green wall, just a couple more minutes and he'll be here.

Tate was your boyfriend since last schoolyear, the two of you had been dating for a little over six months now.

Since the two of you decided you saw a future together, Tate had met your parents during a dinner last week.

Now, it was your turn to meet his mother.

You were wearing a darkblue, classy dress and your black high heels.

You didn't really apply any make-up aside from some mascara and lipgloss.

You were ready for this, and just as you decided you were, the doorbell ring.

You kept waiting in your room the standard five minutes, then your mom called out; 'Y/N, Tate's here!'

'Coming!' You shouted towards your door, glancing once more into the mirror before finally shuffling down the wooden stairs.

Tate wore his darkblue sweater, the exact one he wore when he asked you to be his girlfriend.

'Hi.' You said, your voice was trembling almost as much as your legs.

Tate flashed you one of his most gorgeous smiles and kissed your cheek.

You both said your goodbye's to your mother and left the house to go to Tate's.

He had already told you his mother was... Not such an easy lady, as he had said.

The walk to his home wasn't long enough for you to mentally prepare yourself for meeting his mother, so you just stood there by that wooden frontdoor, breathing in and out heavily as Tate opened the door and let you walk in first.

You admired the decoration of the house as you followed him towards the kitchen where his mother was at. 

'Mother,' Tate spoke to get Constance' attention, though he spoke very softly, barely audible even.

It took her a while to turn around, instead of what you were expecting she didn't smile or anything, she just gave you a blank stare.

You extended a hand to her. 'Hello, I am Y/N. It's so nice to meet you, Mrs. Langdon.'

'Dinner is almost ready.' Was all the elderly lady replied.

You tried not to let it get to you as you followed Tate, who glared vengefully at his mother, towards the dining room where a young girl and an older man were seated.

The girl smiled widely at you and you introduced yourself.

She did the same and then Tate said. 'This is Larry, my stepfather. He's an asshole.'

You frowned at Tate as you walked over to the man and shook his hand.

He was rather polite, actually.

Once you were seated next to Tate, who had laid a hand on your thigh, Constance walked in with the food.

She made sure everybody's plate was fulled and then Addie made a prayer and it was time to dig in.

'Constance, you are an amzing cook.' You said to her with a small smile to lighten up the mood.

She just hummed lowly, then looked at you and said: 'Why do you do that to your eyes?' 

It took you a while to figure out she was talking about the make-up. 

You looked at Tate for a small moment, he stared at his mother, clearly aggrivated, with clenched jaws. 

'Uhm,' You said, biting your lip in thought. 'I just,... Like to do it my way.'

'And your way is to ravage yourself with all these hideous, colourness trash?'

'Uhm, I guess so?' You spoke, but it sounded like a question.

'And what about your clothing? What is this?' She said as she pulled at the strap of your purple, black striped dress.'

'I don't really wear dresses.' You said, trying to act as politely as you could but you just wanted to slap her. 'Only on special occasions.'

'Hm, you... You are not at all the woman I expected Tate to come home with. You are filthy, cheap,...'

Tears started to burn in your eyes and you wanted to respond, telling her you needed to prove yourself, but then Tate smashed his fist onto the table, sending his plate towards the floor. 'Enough, mother!'

Constance stood up. 'Well, I am going to see someone. When I get back,' Then she pointed at you. 'This piece of filth better be cleaned up.'

Not long after Constance left, you hurridly gathered your stuff and left the tears to flow freely as you made your way to the door.

'Y/N, wait!' Tate yelled but you kept walking, eventually he stopped you when you were at the front porch. 'Please.'

'What the hell was her problem!' You cried, it wasn't really a question actually.

Tate pulled you into his strong arms, pressing you against his chest as you felt his lips touch your hair a couple of times.

Your tears made a wet spot on Tate's sweater as you cried, clutching the fabric of it in your hands. 'Why does everybody hates me?'

Tate didn't say anything, he just held you tight until you stopped crying, and then wiped your tear stained face with his hands. 

He had tears in his eyes himself, and you knew why.

He couldn't stand it when you spoke about yourself as if you were nothing, because to him you were everything.

You kissed his cheek softly, kissing a tear away before turning around and started walking.

'Y/N! Please stay.' He said and when you stood still, the young boy took it as an opportunity to walk up to you.

'Please, we can go to my room. We can listen to Nirvana, or watch 80's horror movies, and we can make out until you fell better. But please, just stay.' 

'Tate, I...' You sighed and before you knew it his lips fell onto yours, catching you of guard.

Your hands found their way into his hair as his fell onto your face, his tongue slipped over your bottomlip and you gained him entrance.

You loved how Tate kissed you, and he knew why you loved it so much.

His kisses were poisonous, they made you feel as if to him you were the only person existing.

You were th eone who broke apart for air, the love of your life resting his forehead against yours. 'Are you feeling better yet?'

'A little.' You giggled.

'Good, maybe we could continue this upstairs.' He said before picking you up bridal style and carrying a laughing you inside.