Evan Peters; I Don't Need Your Pity

Requested by KaiNyeTheScienceGirl

You hopped down the stairs on a warm saturdaynoon. 

Your mother was in the kitchen, baking her infamous chocolate chip cookies.

'Hey, honey.' She greeted you. 'Where are you going?'

'To Evan's.' You replied.

Evan Peters was your best friends since the 4th grade, the two of you were inseparable.

The saddest part was that aside from him, you didn't have any friends, but you didn't feel lonely.

'Oh, wait!' Your mother yelled before you could open the door. She handed you a basket of cookies, wrapped in. 'For Evan.'

You smiled and kissed her cheek, then got in your car and drove to Evan's.

He lived in a small house, a few miles away from yours.

You rang the bell first, but no one seemed to hear. 

You had to admit Evan was a little off lately, ever since he got it on with Emma Roberts.

You were happy that he was happy, of course.

You've been trying to be nice to her, but she'd always been such an incredibly mean bitch to you that you just gave up.

You let yourself in, seeing no one anwered the door, and then you heard people screaming from the living room.

You decided to go there, seeing what was going on.

First you couldn't understand what Evan and Emma were fighting about, but it became more clear then.

'Will you please calm down, Em?! I told you she is just a friend!' That was clearly Evan's voice.

'We don't even do anything together anymore, Evan! You don't even make time for me! You always cancel our plans for HER!' Emma shouted, pushing him away from her slightly.

'Jesus, Em, listen to me, okay. No one's gonna come between us. Certainly not her. I only hang out with her because I pity her, I mean, how would you feel if you only had one friend?' 

There was a stinging pain in yout chest as you heard these words.

He'd been lying to you for half of your life and you couldn't cope with this.

Tears streamed down your face. 

Evan wrapped his annoying famous girlfriend in a hug and then his eyes met mine.

He opened his mouth to say something, but no words came out.

You dropped the bag of cookies and turned around, heading for the door as fast as you could.

'Tana! Wait!' Evan yelled behind you as he followed you.

How did he have the guts to run after you?

'Tana!' He yelled as he gripped your arm and you turned around.

 'What do you want?' You cried.

'I didn't mean anything I said.' He spoke softly.

'It's my fault, i was naive to believe I fianlly had a real friend.' You sobbed. 

'Don't say that.' Evan whimpered. 'I just... needed to...'

'You needed to tell the truth to someone?' 

'No, I just... It's sad that-'

You cut him off quickly and confidently. 'I don't need your pity Evan. I can handle myself alone.'

And with that, you went back to your car and drove home, tears streaming down your face.