The Song Of The Hummingbird

Before we leave I have to say goodbye to the babies, again.  As we walk to the car I hear something, hummingbirds. Hummingbirds have always been a signal something eventful is going to happen. Happened the day before I met Sophia, the day before my mom took me, the day before the apocalypse started, and- well before anything eventful and meaningful has ever happened. Including seeing my dad and Carl and Lori's death, everything. "Oh, a hummingbird" Michonne says. On the way up there I kept looking at Maggie, I cant believe she and Glenn are having a baby! Our stuff isn't working at the moment so they are going to the Hilltop for an ultrasound. "If I can do it, you can too Maggie. You'll be an amazing mother" I look over to her she smiles her pretty country smile. I go into my backpack and grab a picture of the twins "I miss them!" I complain and everyone laughs except Carl but he is smirking. "Oh shush, You all know you've felt that way! Dad you must have felt like that every day you went huntin' and Rick you must feel like that with Judy and well Abraham this goes to show what a poor soul you are! OH Maggie you and Glenn are going to hate leaving the baby even just to make them a bottle!" I say madly.  "Lori was just like you when we had Carl" Rick says and I set my head on Carl's shoulder. "Your mom was like that before she got into drugs, with you and your sister." Everyone looks at me with wide eyes. "Yeah, I had a twin sister BIG DEAL!" "What happened?" Glenn asks my dad. "My mom killed her when she was high" I say. Carl looks at me sadly "We're here!" Jesus says he kept himself imprisoned for  a month to prove he wouldn't kill us. When we get out some guys start yelling at him. Eventually we get in, I look around its a decent establishment. "Adrianna?" I hear my name and freeze immediately, I thought she died saving me. I was terrified to turn around. "Daryl?" Crap it's her I don't think I can handle this. I slowly turn around. "M-mom?" Carl was already turned around. We have the same skin, same eyes, we even have the same figure. She runs up to me and hugs me. I hug back but not as tight. She saved me when it all started she told me to run and not to stop while she was trapped. That's how I knew she cared about me. "God your beautiful, can we talk?" I look at dad and then Carl "Sure, but can Carl come?" "Of course" As we walk I get a feeling, not bad not good just a feeling. Carl grabs my hand. We come to a trailer I think belongs to her. We sit. "I am so sorry for how I treated you when you were younger. I didn't realize I had done it until it was too late." "I know." she dries a few tears "So is this your boyfriend?" "Umm, actually we're married" I say uneasily "Oh, how long?" "Almost a year" "Catch me up on what happened to you these past 4 years." I explain life, what has happened. "And 6 months ago I learned that I was 2 months pregnant. We then moved to Alexandria-" I explained most of the rest "Then a month ago I had the twins Lora and Darin, the best things that have ever happened to me along with Carl of course" "Wow, you have been through so much, I am sooo sorry Adri-" "Mom I go by Anna!" I say annoyed "I'm sorry Anna" I look at her she meant it. "I know mom" Then behind us a door opens. "Honey I'm- Hello I'm Drake." "Hi I'm Anna and this is my husband, Carl. " I shake his hand "So you're the famous Adrianna your mom has said so much about you" "Call me Anna please" That's when we hear yelling. "Oh god, Carl what did our dads do THIS time!" as we run out.