How He Felt

(THIS IS HOW CARL FELT WHILE ANNA WAS HAVING THE BABIES!)

I groggily got up when Anna called me. It took me a second to register what she meant. Once I did I put on some actual clothes with extreme clumsiness but it worked. She hobbled downstairs. Eventually we reach the bottom of the steps. I run out of the house and go next door, "The babies are coming!!!" I yell and rush back to Anna. I grab a wheelchair on the way. She gives me that 'really' look. "Oh, you've gotta be kidding me," She says as if I'm joking. I shake my head, "Nope," after a pause she sits down. I start jogging. "They're too early!" She says looking up at me. I stop. Being the stupid ignorant person I can be at times I say nothing to make her feel better instead I say "Well we cant tell the to wait 2 months now can we!" As we get to the infirmary Denise walks out.

"It's time!" She says happily. The whole town's been excited for this. "How far apart are your contractions?" She questions Anna. "I haven't been able to pay attention because I was too busy trying to make sure he didn't run me into a walker!" She says sarcastically with a hint of madness. Then she takes in a sharp breath, she's having a contraction I think. She looks up at me, "What if our dads don't make it in time! Or what if the babies are too premature!!! We don't have that kind of equipment!! What if I die in childbirth!!! Or what about a C-section!! Carl, I'm scared," She says, tears slowly spilling from her eyes. This is when I get smart, "You are the strongest person I have ever met, you're gonna be fine, ok?" "O-ok" She says shakily. She gets, at least I think, another contraction. "5 minutes apart," She says to Denise. "Ok I know you want to wait for your dads but we need to get in there, 2 people can come in," "Carl, obviously," I give her a fake offended look because I thought that it was so obvious it wasn't necessary to even mention. "And, ummm Sophia," She looks utterly shocked but complies.

She squeezes my hand nearly shattering all the bones in my hand. I don't complain, I can only imagine what she would say. I felt bad for the pain she's being put through. "You starting to regret ever doing what we did?" I ask her knowing that most women threaten to cut off the guys privates, "Even with this pain?" She says through gritted teeth, "Not a second of it," She finishes. I guess if you've been through what she has it's not  worth regretting, only enjoying. I could only imagine the pain she was enduring but the thing that clouded my mind most was the fact that I was about to become a father. How am I supposed to be a good father in a world like this? I cant always be there, I can accept that but I have trouble accepting that those walkers could get to them and I wont be able to protect them. I just want the best for them but there's a sickening feeling in me that knows they can never have that. They wont be able to scream of joy or excitement for the fear of their penalty being eaten alive.

But no matter the cost I will give them the best life available in this world.

OK WHAT DID YA THINK? I KNOW I HAVENT UPDATED IN LIKE FOREVER BUT ONCE TWD COMES BACK I'LL BE ABLE TO UPDATE MORE. AND SINCE SUMMER IS COMING TO AN END, I WILL BE GOING BACK TO SCHOOL TOMORROW ACTUALLY, LET US REJOICE IN THE FACT THAT I GOT OFF MY LAZY BUTT AND UPDATED!