Our 2nd New Years

5 days until New Years

Beth and I are exploring the tombs. Talking...... about boys. "So Beth, you gonna kiss Zach at midnight on New Years?"  I ask as a genuine question, "Yeah if he'll even touch me! We haven't even held hands yet!" "But you've been dating for 2 months?" I question curiously, "I know!" I stop abruptly.

"What?" Beth asks as to why I stopped. "A hatch," "Let me see!" I shine my flashlight up at it. "You thinkin' what I'm thinkin'" She says still looking up. "If it involves pulling on that little metal handle, then definitely," She nods. "Pick me up," "What?" "Beth, you heard me, pick me up!" " I can-" "I way like 87 pounds and I've seen you do pull-ups with Michonne on the gym equipment, you can pick me up easily," I say giving her my really eyes. After a few seconds she responds, "Fine!"  She picks my up by my hips. I pull on the handle and she sets me down. When I open the hatch, dust flies everywhere. I get flung into coughing fit. Beth chuckles. "What's so funny?" "I thought about if Carl were here, he would have just been all over you, making sure you were ok," "Well I think it's sweet!" I say standing up for my boyfriend. "I do too- just never mind, come on lets get this ladder to pull down," She pulls but it doesn't budge. I shine my flashlight up at it. "Someone jammed it, probably a guard by the looks of it, they actually knew what they were doing," I say. Beth lifts me up again, it's jammed pretty tightly. "Beth I need your gun," "What? Why?" "I just do!" She sets me back down and hands me her gun, "I don't think I'll ever get you Adrianna Dixon!" She says lifting me back up. I hit the item that was jammed in the ladder with the butt of the gun. It falls out. "They jammed it with a cork?" I shrug and pull down the ladder as she sets me down.

I begin walking up, Beth on my tail.  "It's the roof," I say in shock. No wonder it was hard to get out. "Wow, it's nice up here," She says. Yeah, it is. "Beth! We could have a New Years party!" "That would be fun," "And we could play music, have food, dance," "Glenn could do the count down," Beth says not as excited but in agreement all the same. "Come on lets go tell Rick!" 

NEW YEARS EVE

It's 8 hours until mid-night, 3 hours until the party starts. "Come on Anna, you still need a dress!" "But there's still so much to get done!" Beth was trying to get me to forget about the party to get ready for it, "The guys can finish," "Beth-" "Please Anna," I pause, give her the 'really' look. I groan, "Fine," "Yayyy!" She squeals. "Aren't you like 18?" She shrugs and pulls me along.

(The picture of the dress is the dress she is gonna wear and Beth has a matching one in white)

I added my light blue jean jacket with angel wings on the back. I let my hair fall in loose curls at the ends of my hair with a black bow on the right side of my head, keeping back my bangs. I walk up the ladder, and emerge I see large amounts of people. People look at Beth and I. I only notice Carl at the punch table. He stares at me, his mouth slightly open, causing me to blush. "Hey," I say and look down. "Wow," He says. "You look-" "Stunning" Beth finishes for him, "Yeah, she knows," Beth says. "Beth, go find Zach and hang out with him," I urge. "Right," She says and walks off. We talk a little but mostly play hide and seek tag, or something to that manner.  I'm hiding  from Carl behind a wall when suddenly I feel myself picked up. I'm swung around in a circle and spun around. Carl pulls me in, I'm smiling a ridiculously cheesy smile. Right before we kiss I hear one of my all time favorite songs come on. I run and grab Beth's hand, pulling her away from Zach. We begin to sing along to each other in a bestie moment on the dance floor.

After the song we start laughing. This was one of the few moments that made me feel like a normal teenager. Carl walks up to me, "May I have this dance?" He bows. I chuckle, "Why certainly," I say in a fancy accent curtsying.

We dance with twirls, lifts, and dips. It was the most wonderful moment, as we are about to kiss our dads walk up.  "Hey dad," Carl and I say at the same time. We look at each other and break into a smile.  "Hey, kids" Rick says, "How are you enjoying the party," Rick finishes. My smile drops. "What did we do this time?" "Someone spiked the punch, wanna know if ya did it" Dad says or asks or whatever. "Someone spiked the punch!" I say with excitement, "I mean, someone spiked the punch? Who would do that?" I say covering up for what I just said. "Well, at least it's not one of you two," They walk off. I turn around, "Carl," I say in a warning tone. "Michonne told me to!" He says his hands raised in surrender. I laugh

"Come on, it's almost mid-night!" I take him behind the wall. "10..." I look at him happily, "9..." He puts his hand on my face and strokes it softly, "8.." I put my arms around his neck. "7..." He smiles, his wonderfully charming smile. "6..." I look down to avoid him noticing my blush, "5..." He lifts my head up to look at him "4... 3... 2..." Our breath creates little clouds. "1..." Our faces are only inches apart. "Happy New Years!" We kiss passionately. We break after a minute or so. "Happy New Years, dog boy" "Happy New Years, beautiful," Best New Years EVER!!!