Hearts Stay Un-broken

I wake up to emptiness on my side of the bed. I immediately jump up nearly hitting my head on the top bunk. I see a note on the mirror Beth had given me not too long ago. I read it. 'Hey babe went on  run, be back in a couple days, -Carl' It read in slightly sloppy handwriting for the fact that we don't really write a lot. I sigh and run to Beth's cell. "He went on a run and only left a NOTE!" I shout worriedly to Beth who's braiding her hair. "Anna-" "I wish he told me that boy nearly gave me a heart attack! I could barely go two days without him only a month ago and he just leaves without telling me! I would have asked to go!" "Anna, he has his reasons for not telling you," She persuades me. "Your not a lot of help you know!" She rolls her eyes. "GRRRRRRRR!" I yell stomping out of the cell. I go into the cafeteria and find my father. Skinning a squirrel. "He left, just left!" I heard the tears in my voice. "He had reasons" Is all my father says. I turn around and take guard duty from this one guy who's name I cant remember. It's boring as usual. I only see walkers. That is, until the end of my shift, I hear the familiar roar of an engine. It's the old pickup truck they use for runs. It's coming faster than necessary. I run down and Immediately try to open the gate. Maggie helps because she had been stabbing walkers in the field. We get it open just in time. I chase after the car. They come rushing out of the doors carrying Carl. I gasp. "Hershel!" Rick shouts. "He was shot, right?" Rick nods. "That boy and bullets" I say under my breath. "Carl!" I shout as Maggie holds me from going after them. "I have to be with them Maggie! I need to be with HIM!" I shout in her face. I felt the tears stream my face. I rapidly ran in to the prison. I saw a cell being crowded around. "Carl" I shouted. Everyone's head s flew to me. "He's not breathing!" I heard Hershel shout. "Carl!!!" I fell to the floor. "No, no, no, no!" I shouted sobbing. I felt Maggie and Beth embrace me. "You better start breathin' boy!" My father shouts. "I got a pulse!" I hear from the cell. I swear my dad scared him back to life. I couldn't pull myself together. Beth and Maggie try to help me stand but I can't. I feel someone pick me up and take me into the current cell Carl's in. I am set on the large bed with him and cuddle into his lifeless body. I fall asleep.

3 DAYS LATER

"Hey babe!" Carl says happily as I stand in the door frame of the cell. "Carl I need to talk to you," I say to him. "Why do you sound so nervous? It's not like your breaking up with me," I look down. "Wait, your breaking up with me?" I hear the tears. "I know that neither of us can take what just happened to you happening to the other. If we break up, we wont care about each other. Goodbye Carl." I say looking past my shoulder holding my tears, before he could respond I ran out of the cell he was stuck in. I run off dropping the backpack outside of my cell and bullet to the field. I spin in the field sprinkled with wild flowers and sunlight. I fall. What have I done! 'You gave him a future!' a voice in my head reminds me. I try to stand but dizziness floods into me.    I wake up in a cell, an iv in my arm. I take it out and stand up. I go into his cell. He is stuck in space. "He's been like that for 2 days now." I look up at Hershel. "I was out for 2 days?" He nods. "You know, living is no good if you have no one to live it with" I look at him. He can't hear us. "So your saying that he's suicidal without me?" "Your suicidal without him too. If you don't eat or drink you die," I nod. "Can-" He nods and hobbles off. I sit on the bed, shaking him out of his trance. "I-" I cut him off with a kiss. "Meet me in the wildflowers in an hour" I whisper in his ear. I go off. Winking as I turn away.

*This chapter is not continued

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,