Chapter 19

“I didn’t mean to!” He jokes.  I splash him with a big wave of water and I swim away from him. I make it to the other side and Niall is right in front of me. “Haven’t you learned anything from last time you splashed me.” His husky voice whispers in my ear. He brings his mouth farther down, until it makes contact with my neck. His tongue makes a wet stripe down my neck and his teeth graze my skin. He sucks harshly on my neck. What the fuck? Does he think he’s some sort of vampire? But it feels so good. I couldn’t help the moan that escaped my lips, and I could feel him smile against my skin. Is he giving me a hickey? I swear to god if he is. He pulls away from my neck and admires what he gave me. “Now, everyone knows your mine.” “You marked your territory?” I laugh. “Exactly.” *** We spend most of the night in the water but we decided we should head back to Nialls. It was already 2 in the morning. “I could literally stay there for ages.” I comment when we get inside the car. “I love it there. The pals and I went there every day after classes. But that stopped when Louis, Erm. When we all grew up.” Niall says, changing up the last part. “When Louis what?” “Nothing. I shouldn’t have said anything.” “No, tell me.” “Jade! I can’t tell you. Just drop it. God, can’t you just stop.” Niall bursts out angrily. His jaw is clenched and he is tightly clutching the steering wheel. His knuckles turning white. I roll my eyes and look out the window. Can’t he just chill the fuck out? “Look, I’m sorry I didn’t mean to snap at you. You just ask so many damn questions. You don’t leave shit alone.” He finally says, after a moments of silence. “Okay.” I mutter. “So, now you’re mad at me?” I don’t answer him. “Jade, you can’t ignore me forever.” Oh, yes I can. “Come on, Jade.” Niall slowly place a hand on my knee. I’m only wearing one of Niall’s shirts. The other clothes were soaked. I swat his hand off of me. Soon enough he places his hand back on my knee, but he moves it up higher. His touch was sending shivers up my spine. Thank god we finally pulled into the lot. As soon as he put the car in park I jumped out of the car, and ran straight to the door. I tried for the knob, but it wouldn’t budge. Bloody hell. I turned around, only to have Niall coming up the walkway. He gives me smirk and he pushes me back against the door. He leans in closer and whispers in my ear. “Do I scare you?” Does he scare me? Of course not he’s my boyfriend. Wow, that is weird to say. I don’t really like the sound of it. Don’t get me wrong, I really like Niall, but he’s right it sounds silly with a title boyfriend and girlfriend; we aren’t in grade school anymore. My thoughts were interrupted by Niall voice. “Do I? Scare you?” He taunts. “No.” I mutter. “Are you sure?” He asks, looking in my eyes. I push him off me and turn around. He chuckles and unlocks the door. I trudge my way to the bathroom, I need a shower. I turn the knob to hot and I feel the water, a little too hot. But whatever, it will feel good on my muscles. I strip out of Niall’s shirt but before I could pull back the shower curtain Niall knocks on the door. “Jade? Um. Could you hurry up? I need to shower too. “Join me.” I say, before I realize what I just said. Taking Chances right? “What? Are you serious?” There was a hint of excitement in his voice. “Yeah, I mean, you have already seen me half naked before. It will save water too.”  I laugh at the last part. He doesn’t respond, he just walks right in. His mouth literally drops, and the sight of me naked. I give him smirk and I pull back the curtain and I climb into the shower. I hear Niall rustling behind the curtain trying to rid his clothes quickly. I grab the shampoo and I clean my hair while I wait for Niall. He is taking forever. But finally the curtain is pulled back and in steps a naked Niall. Damn, oh my. He has a body of a model. He turns around to fix the curtain and I check him out. He is the most beautiful human being I have ever laid my eyes on.  He notices me staring and he gives me his signature smirk. “Like what you see?” I bit my lip and look down. “Cause I like what I see.” He says, lifting my chin up. “You are so beautiful.” He mumbles. I feel his gaze burn into every single inch of my body and chills run through my body. I feel very self-conscious, I cover my chest with my arms and I look down. “Hey, don’t you ever cover yourself up. You’re so beautiful. Words can’t describe how amazing and perfect you are. Every inch of you is breathtaking. It literally takes my breath away.” He says, removing my hands from my chest and cupping my chin. He brings his lips to mine and gives me a deep and passionate kiss. He removes his hand from my chin but he doesn’t break away from the kiss. His hand travels down to my chest and he carefully caresses them. I moan against Niall’s mouth and he smiles into the kiss. His touch makes me feels safe.  He takes me by surprise when his touch grazes down my stomach and skimps over my lower region. I jump back, affected by his cold touch. “Jade, let me make you feel good.” I’m lost for words but I find myself nodding. His hand returns to its previous position and I feel my stomach in knots. *** That moment in the shower, was our first intimate experience. I wouldn’t have wanted it to happen any differently. After we finished our shower together, I changed into a pair of Niall’s sweats. “Can I borrow one of your shirt?”  I ask. I don’t know what it is with his shirts, but they make me feel safe and they are comforting. But mostly they smell just like him.  “Um, yeah.” He says, lifting the shirt over his head, tossing it at me. I quickly pull his shirt over my head and I inhale deeply. This is like a drug. And I think I’m getting addicted. I don’t know what it is about Niall, but one I first saw him I knew that I was already falling in too deep.  Is he going to be there to catch me? He’s so bottled up inside. Maybe I can unscrew the cap and his past life and future will burst right out. I hate how closed off he is. Never telling me anything. “Are you going to join me?” Niall asks, interrupting my thought for the thousandth time. I see he’s already under the duvet and I’m still standing at the foot of the bed. I nod by head and I climb into the covers. I nestle my hand of the warm soft pillow and I close my eyes. I was waiting for Niall’s arm to snake it’s way around my waist but it never came. I lay on my side, back facing Niall and I fall into a deep sleep. I jolt up in from sleep by a loud bang and crackle coming from outside. I shakily move my body and I look out the window. Just in time a strike of light flickers off the window and another loud bolt sounds. I fucking hate lightning and thunder. It scares me.  Another loud bang followed by heavy raindrops echoes through my ears and I nearly jump out of my skin. I feel Niall stirring next to me, and soon enough his eyes flutter open slightly and sits up. “Jade? Are you alright?” His voice is raspy and sleepy. His voice erupts small butterflies in my stomach.  “Yeah. I don’t like thunder.” I mutter. His hand meets the small of my back and he rubs circles on my skin. The touch is soothing and comforting. I feel my tense muscles begin to relax. “It’s alright.” He coos. “Come on let’s go back to bed.” He yawns. He lays back down on his back, and he beckons me to come closer to him. I rest my head on his chest and he wraps a strong arm around my waist. His other hand reaches for my smaller hand on his stomach and he intertwines are fingers together. A few minutes pass and I’m still awake staring at the ceiling. Niall snores lightly and it’s the cutest sound. Will I be happy with him? Will it always be like this? My thoughts swarm my mind. I close my eyes hoping to get some sleep. The sound of the rain pouring and Niall’s heart beating into my ear is sweet sound and I find myself drifting asleep.