Chapter 39: Only the violent taketh it by force.

Caden

Watching as the middle-aged woman read my husband's palm, I couldn't help the simple smile that threatened to display across my face at my extraordinary success in achieving the impossible. Making Blayze Norman heed to my words.

A glance to his side and I met his scrutinizing gaze. God, if only looks could kill. My smile was quick to completely disappear. I was enjoying this. He knew it but I wasn't about to give him the satisfaction of getting an evidence that I was enjoying this.

"There's darkness." I gaze returned to the lady.

"Strange darkness. So much sadness and very little happiness." Her expression reflected her words. It made me wonder if she was really telling the truth.

"I see two women... one from the past and the other, in the present. There's so much heartache... so much pain..." He withdrew his hand, standing to his feet right away that we both look up to him in surprise.

"I'm leaving. You can choose to continue if you so wish." Having said that to me, he turned away, heading straight to the door.

A bit puzzled by his sudden reaction, I felt something had to be wrong. Perhaps, the lady was indeed heading somewhere and he didn't want his secret out.

I flashed her a warm smile. "He's a little hot-headed but thanks for everything." I told her as I got up to my feet, paid her and was quickly on my way.

"Blayze. Blayze. Blayze stop." I called out to him as I hurried my steps to catch up with his long strides. Finally, I stood in his front, forcing a halt on his part.

"You didn't have to rudely walk out the way you did." I scolded him, hoping he could take correction.

"What is this? What are you trying to do?" His question came right after and I really didn't feel the need to give a reply or perhaps, I didn't have one.

"Are we on a date?" He queried and I really couldn't help the guilty expression that played on my face. I mean... that expression shouldn't have played out in the first place.

A light scoff left his lips as he momentarily looked away. Suddenly, he took a step closer that I slightly leaned back.

"It's pitiful. You're trying to turn your misery into something better, something you can live with but... you don't know me at all. If you do, you wouldn't get your hopes up." Having said that, he walked past me. My hands folded into tight fists by my side.

"How could I?" I yelled after him once I turned. He stopped.

"You haven't given me the chance. No, you don't want to give me a chance. You just want to wallow in self-pity for the rest of your life." My chest moved up on down, breathing rapidly as the anger surged throughout my body. Heck, I didn't even know the real reason as to why I was upset. I just simply was.

I watched him turn back and walked straight up to me.

"You want to know me? Fine. Let's continue on your little fake date. In the end, you'll only see no difference and by tomorrow, it'll be like this little day never happened in the first place." His words were like prickling needles to my soul. It never felt this way in the past, somehow, his words were starting to get to me and I didn't like it one bit.

The truth was... I had no idea as to why I was taking in so much. Why am I even doing this?

For a moment, I looked away from him. I really don't deserve this. I should be working towards destroying him rather than fraternizing. I need to walk away... I should walk away. I looked back up to him. The longer I stared into his eyes, the lesser my resolve got.