Chapter 41: Whiskers on... you know who.

Blayze

What use was my statement when I did exactly what she wanted. I glanced her side once and our eyes met though the room had been half dimmed. I was first to look away, lying on my side, my back faced to her.

I shut my eyes in an attempt to get some sleep but barely five minutes later, I turned, lying on my back. I waited and waited but nothing. No sleep and my thoughts were tempted to run free. I didn't want that happening so I turned again, trying my possible best to sleep.

In the end, I slowly fluttered them open to meet a pair of hers staring back.

"Trouble sleeping?" She queried. I wanted to reply but at the same time, I didn't feel the necessity to do so. Therefore, I turned away, lying on my back, I stared at the ceiling.

Silence hung around for what would seem a while.

"Your dream girl... did you ever meet anyone like her?"

Her question was sudden and quite unexpected. I couldn't understand her interest in that topic. Perhaps, I had earlier read her wrong.

"No." I looked her side, meeting her eyes.

"She doesn't exist."

Caden

I watched him turn away once again. I let out a silent sigh as I stared at the ceiling.

She doesn't exist.

I recalled his words. Mentally, I shook my head. I can't believe I thought too far ahead of myself. He clearly made everything up but deep down... I wished I fit those descriptions.

* * *

The next morning, I woke up earlier than I usually did. The sun had barely peeped its way through the clouds. No matter what I did, I couldn't fall back into sleep so I got off the bed to stroll around the room. Blayze remained asleep.

I found myself cowering close to him from his side, staring at his face and watching as he slept. I couldn't help the small smile that played on my face. If only he looked half this peaceful with the world when he's awake then it would be much better.

I looked a little around and my something on his bedside table caught my attention. Almost right away, I had the strangest and naughtiest idea ever. A mischievous smile drew across my face.

Blayze

I woke up a little later than I usually did. On my way into the bathroom, I noticed Caden was nowhere to be seen. Though a bit curious as to why she was up earlier than usual, I continued on my daily routine. I'd barely taken a glance at my reflection in the mirror until I was about to shave.

My eyes nearly popped out at the taint in the reflection starring back at me. I drew closer to be sure if I was seeing correctly. I brought my hand to my face. I had whiskers. Whiskers that had been drawn on.

I couldn't believe what I was seeing. There was only one explanation to what I was seeing. Caden.

Without wasting a second more, I made an attempt at wiping it off with water and also with the use of soap but it wouldn't budge. Slowly, I got really upset. Having slammed the towel on the counter, I made my way out of the room.

Caden

I couldn't help stealing glances at the entrance into the dining room. Any moment now... in any moment, he would most probably storm in to demand an explanation. I giggled a bit at my handiwork.

"Caden." I heard his voice echo through the hallway.

"In here." I replied after clearing my throat in readiness for one of my best performances yet. In a moment, he strolled in looking somewhat cute and funny. I tried, really hard not to laugh or make it quite obvious I was involved with what was going on.

He stopped just as I gulped a bit of the juice in front of me. He stood without uttering a word for a while, which also made my straight face hard to maintain.

"Go ahead. Laugh out as much as you can then you can tell me why drawing on my face seemed as the best joke you could pull off." His statement somewhat seemed calm and a bit filled with resentment.

Okay, fine. I gave a bit of laughter.

"Really Blayze? What made you think I did that to you?"

"I don't know Caden, maybe because you're the only one in this house who would dare or maybe because you're the only one who actually shares a room with me. Pick."

I stood to my feet. In a flare, I momentarily rose up my hands to surrender.

"Fine. I did it. It's just a joke." I expressed before folding my arms below my chest.

I watched him let out a sigh for a moment as he looked away, an attempt to contain whatever it is he was feeling in the heat of the moment.

"How do I wipe them off? They won't come off."

"What do mean? It's just marker." I added as I drew closer, attempting to wipe them off with my hands but they really wouldn't wipe.

"Stop, stop." He pushed my hands away, taking a step back.

"What exact marker did you use?"

"Regular..." Suddenly, I had a flashback and saw something I should have put more into consideration.

I gasped, covering my mouth with both my hands.

"I... I may have used permanent." I eventually confessed and watched as his face fell.

"I'm sorry. I... I wanted to make this morning different. Every day you do the same thing and I wanted to change this morning for you."

Only when I saw the slight momentary furrow between his brows did I realise what I just said.

"Why... Why do you care?"

I glared at him wide-eyed and speechless. It was definitely too sudden and early to show off my feelings or do I just get it over with?

"Because I'm in love with you. Don't ask me why and how... I just know that I have feelings for you."

 >>> Rewind.

"Because I'm in love with you. Don't ask me why and how... I just know that I have feeling for you."

I dazed out of my own fantasy which would be me telling him the truth but in reality. I haven't said a word in regards to his question.

"Cad..."

"It's just permanent marker. It's not impossible to wipe off. I'll find a solution." I stated as I walked past him. Before he could say a word, I was out of the dining room.