The cliff

Chapter 11

When we arrived at the camp, boys were talking and fooling around. I scanned the camp, trying to find Felix. He shouldn't be hard to find, he was tall and that blonde nest on his head could be seen from miles away.

"BOO!" I jumped from shock with my hands in the air. I saw Felix and Pan standing next to me while laughing.

"You should've seen your face!" Felix said and continued to laugh with Pan. I glared at them and waited for them to stop laughing at me. Pan removed a tear from his eye while tapping Felix on the shoulder. 

"Good job Felix!" Pan praised with a grin. "See you two later, I have some business to take care of. " Pan added and walked to his tent.

"So how was your first training?" Felix asked sitting on a stump.

"It was okay. I learned how to use a sword" I said with a sarcastic smile while sitting next to him.

"Did you pick that or?" He asked looking at me.

"Nope, Pan did," I said. He just nodded.

"Pan will teach you a lot of different stuff. And he will really teach you well, trust me." Felix said with a slight smile. I realized that Felix has a nice, innocent and sweet smile.

"Yeah, but you have no time to catch your breath!" I breathed out while crossing my arms and Felix chuckled.

"Yeah, I know. But that's Pan," he replied.

" Felix, come here" We heard Pan from the far. Felix took a deep breath before standing up and glancing down at me. " I need to go, see you later," he gave one more smile before leaving.

I didn't know what to do, I was bored. Maybe I can go to take some walk in the jungle, except.. then I will break the rule. Well, who cares? Not me. Pan has no right to tell me what to do. I got up and looked around to see if anyone was keeping an eye on me. When I saw that everyone minded their own business and disappeared into the jungle. The jungle was so thick and dark, yet so mysterious and beautiful. Something awakened in me. I was feeling... Free, happy and I was feeling I... like I belong here. In this world. I didn't know if that was because of the air, or the beauty around me. I missed my home, family, but... after all, this was the place I dreamed about. This is Neverland. Place where no one can tell you what to do or what... wait. There is one person. Peter Pan. The king of Neverland apparently.

"You know you broke the rule?" I heard a British accent behind me making me freeze in my spot. Pan.

"Yeah, but honestly, don't care. I was just taking a walk anyways." I replied turning around to face him. He was leaning on a tree, crossing his arms, with a raised eyebrow.

"Woah, that attitude though. And miss, was it really just a walk?" He questioned and I rolled my eyes.

"Really, Pan? " I said annoyed. He smirked and moved away from the tree. He was walking slowly, like a predator. His hands in pockets of his dark green trousers and his brown messy hair was hiding his eyes from me. He walked a little bit closer to me before he grinned.

"I want to show you something," he said turning around and walking away. I didn't move. Who knows what's on his crazy mind now. 

"You coming, love?" He stopped and glanced at me over his shoulder. That grin was still on his face. "Don't worry I'm not going to murder you." He said with a laugh and continued to walk. "Come on, you will like it." He added almost shouting how far he already was from me. Well, It will probably be fun. Right?

" I'm coming," I screamed after him as my feet finally moved. "Where are we going?" I asked catching up with him.

"You will see." He answered and smiled. That smile was warm, not wicked. It was warm, damn. It looked good on him.

We were walking for about 15 minutes. It was a quiet walk, the only thing I've heard was our footsteps and our breathing. I kept walking behind him, while he would look over his shoulder to check on me. At one moment, he turned around just when the sun got through the high trees, illuminating his face. His eyes shone like green gems, his lips were curved at the ends. At that moment, he looked like the fairytale character. Childlike. Innocent. But as soon as he stood back into the shadows, those gems became the black ocean, and his smile disappeared.  It made me wonder so much about him and his life. However, I believed that maybe not knowing could be a better choice.
We finally came to the destination. We were standing on a big cliff. And the view was breathtaking. From there we could see the camp, jungle, and some little skull rock in the ocean. The sunset was beautiful. Hundreds of colours were colouring the sky. I was grinning like some idiot because of how beautiful it all looked. Like a painting that came to life. I was enjoying the moment.

"This is beautiful." I said looking up at Peter, who happened to already be looking at me. His eyes again green gems that looked surreal in the sunlight.

"Yes, it is." He responded with a big smile. I felt my heart skip a beat, which made me look away while shaking my head. I let a shy chuckle out looking down at my feet. When I finally had the courage,  I looked up to see him gazing at me and smirking.