The Game

Chapter 16 

Peter Pan P.O.V

 I broke the eye contact and looked back at the stars. I felt completely confused. What the hell was happening? I felt... What did I even feel?  My mind would never play with me like this. I guess I was slowly going utterly insane. Well, that's not impossible. Neverland can manage to do that to you, trust me. Clary. Why does she have this unusual impact on me? I looked at her again. My eyes took in that beautiful smile of her, those warm hazel eyes... Then the way she talks-Woaah were the hell did that come from. I'm Peter Pan, I can't have feelings. Especially not this type of feelings. My mind just decided to mess with me a bit. That was all. I have no feelings. Feelings are for weak. They crush you. Kill you. Destroy every single piece of you. I won't let that happen to me. Never. I collected the last bits of sanity I had, just to take a peek at her again. She was asleep. The moonlight illuminating her peaceful form, her feminine features, cheekbones, the tiny nose of hers, her beautiful shiny hair. No! Dude, stop doing this. What the eff is wrong with you? I decided to cut down my stupid thoughts. I lifted her up bridal style and carried her to the camp. I could just teleport us but, I wanted to... take a walk. Holding her in my arms felt so right. I looked at her and saw her slowly opening her eyes. 

 "Sleep Clary," I whispered. She smiled and cuddled more into my chest, making me inhale a sharp breath. Oh, God. We arrived back at the camp, Felix was by the Campfire. He turned around when he heard my footsteps. "Bring me some water in my tent," I told and he nodded. I entered my tent and just when I wanted to lie Clary down on my bed I realized, I froze. My eyes went over her sleeping form in my arms, where she looked so comfortable and safe. Maybe I should let her sleep like this? PAN!  I shake away those thoughts and finally lie her down and sat on a chair. 

 "Here." Felix said handing me the cup and I nodded while taking it, not taking my eyes off her. I took a sip and put the water on my desk. 

 "We are going to play a game," I spoke and smirked. Felix raised his eyebrow in curiosity. 

 "What kind of game?" he asked.

 "We are going to make her powerful and fearless," I answered putting the covers over her.  "I'm going to use her fears against her, and teach her how to fight and make her stronger," I said and looked at Felix. 

 "Why?" He asked in a low voice.  It seemed to me that he didn't like that idea much. 

 "Go have some sleep Felix," I replied and with the last glance at Clary, Felix got out from my tent. I looked at Clary again. She is going to be a great lost girl. She will be different from all of them. Because I will teach her everything. Why? Because she can do everything. Okay, maybe not at this very moment, but I'm going to make her able to do everything. And I want her to be perfect. Strong, fearless, unstoppable and intelligent. Tomorrow I'm going to see if she is brave enough to go through the process. Tomorrow, Clary. We'll see how strong you are. 

Clary's P.O.V.

I woke up in Pan's tent. I looked around the tent to see that I was alone. I remembered what happened last night. Me and Peter on the cliff, he playing his pipe, and then I fell asleep, and he carried me to the camp. I blushed as I remember being in his arms. 
I got up and walked to the mirror. I brushed my hair with my fingers and put it in a high ponytail. I got out while stretching my arms to the sky when I saw Derek. He waved to me.

"Good morning," I said and he smiled.

"Morning, eggs?" He asked and I nodded. We ate our breakfast with the other lost boys. I didn't catch all of their names. It's hard to catch 24 names at once. I didn't dare to talk to them before, but thanks to Derek I finally spoke up at the table. They are nice, most of them. Brent was not friendly at all. He was irritating and wicked. He was tall like Derek, with brown hair, and hazel eyes. Then his little friends Mark and Sebastian. They were a little group. And I didn't like them, and I could see that they felt the same towards me.  All of the boys were around  14-17 years old. But most of them 16. I mean they are older, but they came here at that age.

"Clary!" I heard someone calling me I turned around to see Felix. I got up and walked to him.

"What's up?" I asked as he grabbed my arm pulling me into the jungle. "What the hell?" 

"Did you tell Pan about your fears or nightmares?" He asked with panic written all over his face.

"Yeah, why?" I asked confused.

"You are going to be in pain Clary." He replied with a frustrated sigh.

"Why? It's nothing bad, Pan helped me." I told and crossed my arms with a small smile on my lips.

"I thought you are smarter. I'm loyal to Pan, but you are new here and don't get me wrong, but how stupid you need to be to tell your fears to Pan!" He angrily whispered at me as his face came closer to mine. 

"Why is that stupid!" I asked throwing my arms in the air.

"He is going to-

"Felix! Clary! Come back to the camp." We heard Pan, both of us jumping away from each other acting as we weren't talking at all. I put a hand on my heart to calm it down. Felix just cursed under his breath and without waiting for me went back to the camp. I rushed after him, and in the camp, I saw a smirking Pan with an apple in one hand and a crossbow in other. "Catch!" He said throwing the apple at me that I caught with ease. 

"I'm not hungry," I replied throwing the apple in the air and catching it. and he came closer to me, he had a crossbow in his left hand.

"It's not for eating,"  he replied. "That, my love, is a target." He declared and I rose my eyebrow in confusion.  "We are going to play a game. " He continued and swiftly raised the crossbow under my chin. I could feel the tip of the arrow, cold and sharp. My head fell back a little bit and I bit my bottom lip. His eyes had a playful and dangerous look. I didn't like it. "I call it target practice." He said smirking while moving away with the crossbow. He took the arrow out and dipped the tip in some little bottle and put the arrow back in the crossbow. He checked the arrow and looked at me. "On the arrow is a Dreamshade, nasty poison." I stared at him still trying to understand what was going on. "Felix, get over here," Pan called and without a second wasted Felix came next to Pan. 

"Do you know how to use a crossbow?" I jokingly asked Felix that had a stern face, making me gulp. Pan chuckled at my question while walking towards me.

"Of course he knows, he is my right hand," Pan said as he took the apple from my hand throwing it to Felix, while his eyes were focused on me. Felix caught the apple, and Pan gave me the crossbow. " You are doing the shooting." He stated. My hand slowly reached for the crossbow, shaking while doing so.  

"I- I don't know how to use it." I said and Pan smiled evilly.

"Well, you are going to learn it today." I swallowed the firm lump in my throat. Felix stood right opposite of me, with the apple on his head. "Shoot the apple Clary, and remember, on the arrow is poison, just a scratch is enough to kill." My eyes widen. I can't shoot. I don't know-how, and I don't want to do it. 

"No. I won't do it" I said my voice stern. Pan raised his eyebrow.

"Are you so scared to try? Come on, shoot the apple." He said and I looked him dead in the eyes.

"No," I answered coldly.

"No? I'm so disappointed. I thought that you are not weak, but I can see you are. You are just a weak little girl. You are Clary, a coward." When I heard his words I gripped the crossbow tighter. I was not weak. I was afraid of killing Felix. If Pan were there instead of Felix I would shoot right away. I glanced at Felix and gave me a little smile, as he was giving me the approval to shoot. . I can do it, I know I can. But my fear was holding me back.

"Shoot!Shoot!Shoot!" I could hear the Lost Boys cheering.

"Come on Clary," Pan told. The cheering getting louder and louder, they became the only thing I could hear. I took a deep breath and raised the crossbow. The boys stop shouting when Pan rose his hand in the air. Just when I was about to let the arrow fly I turned towards Pan and let it go. 

:

:

:

:

:

I didn't even think when I let the arrow go, it just happened.

:

:

:

:

I didn't know what I expected, but this was the last thing I thought would happen.

:

:

:

:

Pan caught the arrow above his chest. A big grin was on his face, his eyes dark and his hand firm. He was holding it like a toy.  My yaw was open in shock and the sly smirk never left Pan's face.  If he can catch an arrow, what can he only do with a bow? And at that moment, I didn't see a boy. I saw... Something so vague. After what I saw, I would never say that the boy in front of me, with a big proud cocky grin, was Peter Pan. His dark green eyes shone on a second, and his grin got to his ears. He looked dangerous. And I won't lie, I was scared. I was scared of that person who stood in front of me. I knew it was Pan, but now I couldn't say that. I was only looking at his face. And while he was watching me with those eyes. I felt like I was the prey and he was the hunter. However, I didn't want to run away, I didn't want to close my eyes in fear. Instead, I looked at him as art. His eyes got back to his normal green galaxy colour, but the wicked grin was still there. Pan still didn't look away from me, and I felt little and weak under his gaze. Even though Pan came back to his old self,  the only thing I could see was that dark side of him. And God, how much I was scared of it, that's how much I loved it.