Day with Peter Pan

Chapter 29

 I felt how my legs touched hard ground. I looked beneath me to see the stone. Looking around I realized we were on another cliff, somewhere extremely high. 
There were some vines and plants, and they looked lethal. I let Peter's hand go and started to walk towards them, just to take a closer peek. Peter grabbed my wrist making me turn to him. He shook his head, making me come back to his side. 

"That plant is Dreamshade. Don't touch it. I told you, just one scratch is enough for you to die." He said and I nodded. He stepped in front of me. He moved his hand over the Dreamshade and they separated in two parts, making a path. Peter guided me carefully through the path, always looking at me, to be sure that I didn't get cut by the Dreamshade. When we passed the path in front of us was a small waterfall, with crystal clear water, making a small stream. It was magical. The stone was white, it shone like pearls in the water. The plants and vines, were all in different colours and defiantly didn't seem real. The water just looked so clear and... and magical. It felt as if I have already been here. 

"What is this place?" I asked looking at Pan.

"This is the place with healing water. It doesn't have a special name." He replied as he looked around. 

"It's beautiful," I said looking back at the waterfall. I felt how Peter is staring at me. I looked at him and I was right. He was staring at me.

"What?" I asked with a little laugh. He smiled and looked at the waterfall.

"Nothing." He only said. 

"I have this weird feeling that I was here before," I told him, and he nodded.

"You did. " He said making me turn my body fully to him. "You were on Neverland when you were 7. But you only visited Neverland in your dreams. I never came out in front of you. I was only watching out for you. And one day, somehow you ended up in front of the vines. You wanted to touch it. When I saw what you are doing I moved the vines. And you made it through the gap without a scratch. You were in love with this place. " He said with a wide smile.  

"Wait. WHAT? I was here before?" I walked to him in utter shock. " I only thought that it was a dream about Neverland, never thought it was real," I said confused.

"Neverland is a place for kids to visit in their dream. After some time, you stopped coming. Why?" he asked looking back at me. 

"Because I never saw Peter Pan or the lost boy, or the mermaids, or pirates, nothing. I started to feel as if I wasn't wanted there. But, I never lost faith actually. But I didn't believe anymore as I used to." I said and Pan nodded. "Why haven't you shown yourself to me?" I asked him in a whisper.

"I thought it's better if I don't," he answered, and it was the end of the conversation. After some time by the little stream, we decided to go to the cliff. We sat next to each other, facing the sea. 

"I have some questions," I said as I glanced at him. I had so many questions. There was so much I didn't know.

"Don't you always?" He joked. But then gave me permission with a nod.

"How old are you?" I asked and he sighed.

"I have no idea," He said and I raised my eyebrow.

"How can you not know how old are you?" I asked with a laugh.

"Well, here in Neverland time is different. But I will just say that I'm older than you might think." He said making my mind go blank. I guess, he would be old. Really old. An old man.

"You are an old man!" I said poking him in the shoulder jokingly. His head snapped to me. His eyes clouded with rage, it was terrifying. 

"Don't ever call me like that again. I'm a boy. Not a grown-up. I will never be a grown-up." He expressed. Yep, I should have known that he would react like that. He took a deep breath and then answered. "I don't remember, but I would be between 17-19 years old.".

"Pan, I told you about me. Why are you not telling me something about you or your past?" I asked with a low voice.

"I don't have anything to tell you." He snapped.