The Guilty Meadow

Chapter 22

Clary's P.O.V.

It was dark, and the stars were already shining. I lay down looking at them. They were so beautiful. I looked to my left side, to see no one. The empty space made me feel so hollow. The place next to me belonged to him.  Why is this all so complicated? Why is he changing his personality every minute? He is killing me. Sometimes he is so nice, and then he is a devil. But that boy made me feel something I never had before. It made my heart ache. I sighed and watched the stars, and then slowly drifted to sleep.

Peter Pan's P.O.V.

I was in my tent, sitting at my desk, looking for some old spell and then I found the song that Clary wrote. The song was cute. Then I realized I haven't seen or heard her for a while.  It was night already, and Neverland is a dangerous place at night. And I wouldn't be surprised if she gets in some trouble or in one of my traps, or something else.

"Felix!" I screamed. He quickly entered the tent and looked at me.

"Yes, Pan?" He answered. I looked at him, he had dark circles around his eyes and he looked pale. At first, I thought he was sick, but I knew he was just exhausted. He was working all the time, but he didn't mind.

"Is Clary back?" I asked.

"No, she didn't." I raised my eyebrow at Felix's response.

"Are the boys asleep?" I asked and he nodded. She is in the jungle, at night. And she will definitely get in some trouble.

"I need to go find Clary. Keep an eye on the camp while I'm gone." I said while getting up and taking my golden dagger with me.

"Do you want me to go and find her?" Felix asked and I shook my head.

"No, I will," I said and ran into the jungle. Hopping she was only asleep somewhere, and not writing herself a death sentence. 

Clary's P.O.V

I woke up because of a nightmare. Another one. They can't leave me alone. I rubbed my eyes and looked around. I realized that it must be extremely late. I got up and started to walk back to the camp. I was walking and walking, and for some reason, I felt I kept going in circles. I just couldn't find my way back... Slowly I started to panic. I kept walking and walking, in circles or even maybe down some random paths until I saw some flowers. Beautiful pink flower, with blue leaves. Then another one. And another one. I followed the path of flowers that took me to a big meadow. It was like a dream. The flowers were glowing like stars. The meadow reminded me of the days when I was a kid. Running and picking flowers, rolling down green hills. I walked through the meadow, touching the flowers lightly with my fingertips. I picked one pink flower and sniffed it. It smelled like oranges, and then it changed to a smell of mould. I dropped the flower and covered my nose. Slowly, I felt my head pounding. I was feeling dizzy. I closed my eyes and concentrated on my breathing. My throat burned.  I felt like I was going to faint.

"Clary?" Someone called. I opened my eyes to instinct.

"Gabriel?" I turned to the source of the voice, to see my brother. I ran towards him and wanted to hug him but he backed away.

"What?" I asked confused my arms shaking in the air.

"Why did you leave?" He asked crying. I kneeled.

"Because I wanted some adventure and a new life. But I miss you so much. Mom and dad too. But this is Neverland G!" I explained while showing him around the meadow." It's so magical." He backed away from me.

"You could at least say goodbye!" He screamed and vanished. Vanished. I blinked few times. Not sure what was happening. Was I having another nightmare?

"Hello, Cj" My eyes widen. Only one person called me like that.

"E-Eva?" I turned around and saw her. In a blue long dress. Her hair was dancing in the wind, her brown eyes sparkled, and she had a beautiful smile on her face. "It's me," She said and I started to tear up. I run towards her and hugged her.

"Clary come with me. Come to London with me. Let's live together, without anyone." I looked at her.

"I can't. Pan will not let me go. And I could not leave my family to -

"But you already left them, so what is the problem? And we will get Pan to let you go." My eyes widened. The truth she spoke. I left them. I left all of them. However, I never truly felt bad about leaving. I hated pan, but my life was more fun here. And Pan? He will only lock me up if I ask him to let me go.

" But I see. You don't want to come with me. You are still that little weak girl, crybaby. You already left your family, so why don't you come with me? Or maybe you fell in love with Pan? You are staying here with the lost boys, instead to go with your best friend. To go back to your family. How sad. And just so that you know. I never loved you like a friend." My breathing became uneven. I turned around, and slowly people from my life started appearing. My mom, dad, brother, Simon, Jake, Elen, Eva, Alec, people that I have hurt, and the people that hurt me. They were yelling at me, suffocating me with different words, lies and truths.