2. The Man of Iron

Ah, a good night's sleep was all I needed. Now I'm in a good mood ready to have a good day! What a nice feeling.

I get up with a rare happiness and take a good shower and put on my good suit. I also take my good mood all the way to work with me. I nearly skip to my office even. Gosh, why am I so happy?

"Well your awfully joyful today. Who died?" Jondin Wertenbaker asks me, casually strolling into my office.

I smile. "People die every three seconds, Jon, and I actually don't know why I'm so happy. Maybe it's the good rest I got last night, cause you know, I have sleeping problems."

He flashes me with his mischievous grin. "I could have done something about that," Jondin tells me.

I shake my head at him. "Shut up."

Chuckling, he says, "I'm not used to you being so happy like this, but anyway, good morning Yvette."

"Good morning Jondin."

Jondin gives me one last charming smile before leaving.

That guy.

Anyway, back to business. I open up my computer and resume editing.

I have to say, this story was well written before I even got to it myself. This young client of mine has potential, though their style is a lot more darker than I'm used to.

FYI, I work as an editor for Gen Press. The number one book producing company in my eyes. It's really a peaceful job that earns me a decent living, and I'm happy about that.

🅰

After a few hours of working on various writings, I get an hour lunch break. As I begin to exit the building, a hand lightly grabs my arm, stopping me. I look over my shoulder to see no one other than Jondin. "You forgot about me, huh?" Jondin asks me.

"No," I answer, pulling my arm away from him. "You just move to slow."

Since we get off on break at the same time, we on rare occasions have lunch together. We've been working together for almost two years now, and over that time we developed an interesting acquaintanceship.

We stopped at a regular café for lunch which Jondin payed for, and then we spent about an half of an hour talking about work and eating. After a while, I began to run out of things to say and just silently listened to Jondin and his interesting and ordinary life. We are sat at the more fancy tables outside of the café, so as he talks I decide to let my eyes wonder around the city.

The sky is cloudless leaving the day illuminated. The many small shops plague the streets as well as people, with small amounts of greenery that are lined against the edges of the sidewalks. In the distance are multiple high rise buildings, most of them gray or black and simple, except for one that stands out the most. The Stark tower.

Well, since it was damaged a while back, all that was left was the A in Stark, and for some reason Stark kept it like that when he rebuilt it. In fact, all of the city that was destroyed was rebuilt pretty fast, leaving me with some unanswered questions, and I get the feeling that I could find them right in that tower of clean energy.

Fingers begin to snap right in front of my face. "Yvette," Jondin says.

I'm suddenly brought back to real life. "What?"

He makes the face of annoyance. "If I was boring you, you could have just said so."

I begin to feel bad for not listening to him. I must seem terrible. "Oh, I'm so sorry. I honestly did not mean to tune you out like that. I just got a little distracted, that's all. I am really sorry..."