Back to the Past part 3

I woke up in a room, but not in my room, and then I sat up on a bed with unfamiliar linen and blankets. Where am I? I asked myself.

Some light stabbed through a window covered by a burgundy curtain, revealing a simple room. Where am I?

I was slightly disturbed at the sound of people outside of my door. Young people. An anxious feeling had spread through me in that moment at the quick realization that I was not home.

I want to go back! I want to see my mother again...! But even if I did, what then? She doesn't care about me anymore.

I sulked for a full half of an hour before a clicking noise sounded by the door. I looked up and watched as the door knob turned, and then the plack of wood opened to reveal that cool sunglasses guy. Scott, that was his name. With him, entered some old bald guy on a wheel chair. I looked at them both, having become completely lost. "Where am I?" I ask them.

"You are at Xavier's home for gifted youngsters," the bald guy answered.

... Huh? "What do you mean 'gifted youngsters'?"

“I mean others like you,” I heard a voice in my head say. The voice sounded like the bald guy's, and as I looked at him longer, I could tell that it was him. He had said it in my mind. Telepathy? The bald guy nodded.

Whoa...

The bald guy continued his explanation out loud. "My name is Charles Xavier..."