Trevor's POV

I can't scream anymore. I can't scream help any longer. It's nearly been a month and I am still here. Maybe she spun something to my parents about how this was supposed to be good for me. That it would make me straight in a strange and weird way. That it was the way of her God and that it was all my fault. Like I could honestly flick off a switch and I wouldn't be gay and I would be Trevor again and I would be normal. But I know personally I can't do that and I know that no matter how hard she tries, I can't change being gay. I can't change who I am and I don't want to change who I am. Yes I am gay and I know that after being chained to this chair and locked in this prison for nearly a month, I know finally that I have accepted myself as gay and I identify as it. I think isolation changes people. It makes you think honestly about all the things you don't want to think about and it makes you think about all the things that you can't stop thinking about. I know that rings some truth into me and I know that I am accepting who I am finally and I think that even if I never get out of this prison, I know that I am able to accept who I am and I know that finally, I am happy with who I am no matter what anyone thinks. And I think isolation has done this to me and I think that isolation has taught me more about what is important. So maybe I can't scream anymore and maybe I won't escape but I know that if I do, I will be able to walk away stronger and a fighter because of this. So maybe she's actually doing me a favour locking me up. Because instead of turning straight like she and everyone else expects, I am turning into a person I have wanted to be for a really long time and in a strange way I am grateful.