Flashback: Kian's POV

You know what everyone says about prison? They say it'll change you and they say it'll make you think twice about what you want to do after you finish in prison. And I suppose they're right in a strange sense. I have been nearly three months and I don't think in all of my life I have ever been so scared and concerned for my own safety and my own life. I can't run anywhere and I can't escape anywhere like I could at home which you could say is my fault that it got taken away from me. And I would agree with you. I can hear them calling out and I can hear them beating another prison in the cell next to me. I know that I'm next and I know that if I don't find a way to escape that I will be stuck. And I know that as I think about this, one thing comes to mind. Earlier in the day when I was in a mandatory class with a lot of the other younger prisoners, they mentioned that we could write to someone "on the outside" as they called it. We were given different people to write to and I was given a boy named Trevor Moran who was living in a religious home. When I first read the name I actually laugh at it because what kind of name is that but after reading what was written, I started to understand more about his situation and understand more about him as a person even if I hadn't met him. It mentioned that he was living in a religious home and that he was looking for someone to talk to and someone to "set him straight" whatever that meant. I remember laughing it off and I remember thinking that I would never write to him but I knew that in this moment, that was going to be my only escape and my only way to really express the hell that I was experiencing with someone who didn't know how horrible life in prison really is. I knew I needed to do it and I knew I needed to act fast. I can still hear them coming. I need to do this now before it is too late.