Flashback: Kian's POV Continued

Hi,

I don't really honestly know how to start this letter at all because honestly, I think this might be the first and last one you may ever get. I think probably first off, my name is Kian Lawley and before you assume anything, yes. I am a criminal and I am in prison currently. I was arrested for attempted manslaughter and possession of a weapon as a minor. Do I regret it? Of course I actually do. I really wish honestly personally that I hadn't done what I did and I think what prison does is that it makes you think. It makes you think about why you decided to do what you did and why you decided to be an idiot and mess up your life. Because I suppose that's what I really am. An idiot who messed up his own life. And I suppose in writing this to you even though I don't know what situation you're in, I am admitting that. And because you don't know me as a person, you should know that I don't do this very often. I don't admit deep things to people. And I suppose it goes back to being who I am as a person and how I really messed up my life from day one. I suppose in writing this, I am able to understand why things happened the way they did and maybe I was destined to end up here. My father did and my father was killed in a prison fight. I suppose it's in my genes right? And I suppose it means that it wasn't a fluke that I am here. I honestly feel just like my dad to be honest. Sorry to sort of lay this on you in a first letter but like I said at the beginning of this, it may be the last ever. And that is because they're after me. I can hear them coming after me. Wanting to kill me. Wanting to make me suffer. This place is really horrible and honestly, I want to be dead. I want them to give me a reason to escape. I want to be able to look at my mum and for her to be proud of me. I want to be me again. I know that sounds pretty stupid but I regret a lot of things I have done and I regret a lot of things that I know I will do. So maybe it's for the best. Sorry to put this on you. You probably have better things to do than to listen and read me going on about how much of a hell this place is. I just ask one thing. If I do survive, will you write to me? I need an escape and I think that you might be my escape as weird as that sounds. You might be the person that keeps me from going insane and the person that keeps me from actually dying in this hell of a place. I think you might give me a reason to keep fighting knowing that somehow, I can get out of here and I can escape.

I can hear them coming. They're going to get me. I need to find a reason to keep going. Please be my reason.

Kian"