Kian's POV

As my mother slowly recounts what happened to me, all I can think about is Trevor. How I had told him that I would if I was still alive after my beating, I would write to him. And honestly, I really wanted to. I wanted to write to him because I knew that he had a story like no other and honestly because of something else. Something else that no one knew not even my parents. I will explain.

You see before I was kicked out of school, I was dating a boy by the name of Ricky. He was the total opposite of me, quiet yet outgoing and smart and not an idiot like I was. But honestly what made Ricky more special was that he could overlook any difference in anyone and see them in the same way he saw everyone else. And I suppose that's what he did with me. I remember seeing him the first day of my freshman year standing on the top of the stairs, a massive smile on his face. He drew me in from that moment and I began to fall in love with him. He was the first boy I had ever dated and he was the first boy I had ever fallen in love with. He awoken something deep inside me that not even I could comprehend at the time. A few moments stand out for me with him. One I remember the most was the day he asked me to be his boyfriend. He had organised a late night picnic and I remember in the moonlight and under a fully lit sky, he asked me to be his boyfriend with a beautiful promise ring that had the inscription, "To the moon and back, always". I remember that moment because after I had said yes, he kissed me for the very first time and I knew in that moment that Ricky was going to change my life and that I was bi. Ricky after that became my best friend and the person I began to fall in love with until one fateful day that change everything. I remember that all too vividly. I remember I was sitting at home just writing in my room when I got a call from Ricky's mother. I remember her exact words. "Hey Kian baby. I don't want to have to say this but it's Ricky. Something's happened sweetheart. He was driving home this afternoon after school and a car collided with his car. He's in a coma sweetie and the doctors don't know whether he will ever wake up. I'm so sorry Kian. He really loved you with his whole heart and I have a letter he wrote that was found in his car. I don't really know what to say to be honest. He really loved you" It still haunts me today. Ricky died two weeks after that phone call and I remember his letter being the last thing that I still have of him. That's what I meant by something else. I think Trevor might not be straight.