Side POV: J.C Caylen

Ever had a phone call that shattered your whole world in a matter of minutes? I never thought that I would but that all changed. I remember coming in from a night out and feeling careless and free. I remember the exact time. 3:01am. That's still imprinted in my mind. I still remember her exact words: "Am I speaking with a Mister J.C Caylen?...... I'm sorry to call you so late Mr Caylen but your friend, Kian Lawley has been in a terrible car accident tonight and has been rushed to hospital. I am only calling because you're listed in Mr Lawley's phone as call in case of an emergency. He's very badly injured Mr Caylen. How fast can you get here? Hello? Mr Caylen? Are you still there? And then the phone going dead. I dropped my phone and it smashed. But in that moment, all I cared about was Kian and knowing that he was okay and knowing that he was going to make it. You see, Kian and I dated on and off for 3 years while he was in L.A. before he went to prison. I remember the first time he turned up on my doorstep, eyes red from the drugs and him begging me to let him stay. This started a relationship that was toxic to both him and I and I broke it off once he was committed to prison. My ex-boyfriend before Kian was a sweet and honest person who also went bad really bad drug abuse. He could be the sweetest person around the people I loved but around his friends, he would use and he would become vindictive and become a shell of himself. He committed suicide by overdose and a gun shot in front of me. I still remember it.

I remember he called me and asked me over for a few drinks. I remember driving over and arriving to an utter scene of chaos. There were drunk and stoned people all over his lawn and all over his house. It took me nearly an hour to find him and when I did, he was so high that he couldn't remember what we were or who I was. I remember telling him that we were over and turning to walk away but I remember his strong grip leading me up the stairs to his room and locking the door behind us. I remember him pacing back and forth, taking a handful of pills and then telling me that he was sorry and shooting himself in the head. I remember watching him bleed out while the partying was happening downstairs and I remember screaming for help but no one coming. My ex had shot himself to death and no one came to my rescue. I was in that room for nearly 24 hours before someone came and all I can remember is the stench of his body and being covered in blood. I fell into a hard and lonely depression after that and I remember I started using and I started hating the person I was becoming. I checked myself into rehab and am proud to say that I am a year clean. That's why I couldn't lose Kian. Because it felt like De Ja Vu in the most horrible way. I remember I got to the hospital and being led to where Kian was lying and I remember him cold and lifeless. It took nearly three days for him to come around and I remember hugging him and never wanting to let him go. He is my rock and my best friend and I couldn't trade that. I am just happy he's alive.