Kian's POV

Have you ever had the look of a heart breaking ever so slightly as you continue to talk in the eyes of someone you honestly cared about? I'm assuming no but for me, that is exactly what happened with my mum after I awoke in hospital to her in a plastic chair. She asked me a few questions that she had on her mind and one she asked was: "Kian. Are you gay?" and I remember that I looked at her with a pained expression and muttered that I was Bi-sexual and that I once had a boyfriend named Ricky Dillion who I actually had loved with my whole heart and who I had actually wanted to marry. It was then that I saw my mum's own heart shatter into many pieces. I knew that with her upbringing, that being gay or being something as controversial as Bi-sexual was highly unacceptable and also was something that was uncommon and not allowed within her culture. She was brought up pretty religious and believed that a man should love a women and not the opposite gender. I remember after me telling her that I was Bi and that I had been in love with a guy, her getting up, the tears streaming down her and walking out the door after slamming a bunch of letters on the bedside next to me. I could see the cursive writing of "Kian- from Trevor" but honestly even though I needed to reply to Trevor, I just couldn't. I had just broke my mum's own heart and I knew that I couldn't do anything to fix it. I had messed up.