Prologue

This chapter is dedicated to ashley_collins!

Happy reading!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A war field. A fight to protect what is important. A battle for good to win over evil.

Clashes of swords and attacks could be heard across the whole sky as Captains, Lieutenants, Vaizards and humans fought to protect the existence of peace. Figures whizzed past each other above the ruined fake Karakura town yet not one attack made enough contact to hurt their opponent.

"Aizen!" A former blond haired Captain screamed in anger as he did his best to fight. His Zanpakuto's ability of messing up the very perception of distance and direction seemed to have no effect on the man named Aizen. Under the influence of Complete Hypnosis, his efforts to subdue this power hungry man were futile.

"Shinji, no!!" A girl with beautiful long mauve colored hair and determined turquoise blue eyes called out to the Vaizard as Aizen gave him a bleeding gash across his chest.

He lost balance as well as the hold on his Zanpakuto as he fell towards the concrete debris below. She could feel the color drain out from her face imagining how gore it would be when he met the ground at the speed with which he fell.

She breathed a heavy sigh of relief though as one of the Lieutenants' used a binding spell to catch the Vaizard before he met the ground in fatal impact.

The girl looked back at Aizen, her eyes burning with anger and determination. The hold on her Zanpakuto in its Bankai state was tight yet trembling out of fear of this man who seemed to have no flaws. Perfect defense, perfect offense; no matter what was thrown at him, he was absolutely calm. Every attack that was sent towards him was swatted away like it was nothing.

What could they all do to stop this person? How could they save the lives of all the innocent humans in Karakura Town? Was this man really undefeatable?

There was no time to hesitate. No time to allow the fear to settle in. Narrowing her eyes, the girl shot out to attack Aizen herself. He blocked her sword easily, smiling amused as she put in all her effort to land at least a single hit on him.....in vain.

"Who would have thought Kurosaki Ichigo's own cousin was a shinigami as well? A brave one at that. It would seem that it runs in your blood....and to think I failed to notice the resemblance between the two of you when I saw you back then. I knew you would be quite troublesome when I saw you training in Soul Society three years ago. Just imagine, a mere human being able to master Kido to a level where you don't need to say an incantation for a level 90 spell." Aizen stated calmly.

Seeing the girl of that small delicate stature, no one would imagine she could use Kido spells of level 90 and without an incantation. But Aizen knew better. She had trained long and hard, putting her own life at risk when she learnt every skill required by a shinigami, directly under the Captain Commander Yamamoto Genryusai. She might not have been as strong as Aizen or any Captain in the level of physical strength or reiatsu, but her ability to have perfect control over her reiatsu was amazing.

That was the only thing that made it possible for her to learn Kido to that level.

"I must appreciate your skills and bravery, Airi. It would have been a great addition to my army if you had agreed to serve me." Aizen said to the girl, not even taking a single step back after all the hits she tried to land on him.

"Who would serve a b****** like you?! You killed your own comrades! You killed all the Arrancar who fought for you and even Tousen who believed that you would create the perfect world for everyone! In the end, you're northing but a power hungry jerk!!" She snapped back, feeling a prickle in her eyes in sympathy for all the Arrancar who now lay dead on the ground below.

Aizen's eyes narrowed just a bit as he stopped avoiding her attacks. Instead, he lowered his sword and took a firm hold of the girl's blade in his bare hand just before it made contact with his flesh.

"Your words hurt me, Airi." Aizen Sousuke was not happy.

"No Airi! Get away from him!" The orange haired substitute shinigami cried out rushing forward for the safety of his cousin.

The girl's eyes widened at the sudden increase in reiatsu in the air. Aizen's reiatsu was too suffocating to handle and her grip on her Zanpakuto loosened. She trembled under the pressure and she knew that she was in deep trouble right now.

"For some reason, I don't have the heart to kill such a pretty and strong girl like you. But you are in my way and obstacles must be taken care of from the very beginning, shouldn't they?" He smirked and Airi's eyes went wide.

She wasn't fast enough to avoid him. Before she could even blink, Aizen threw her violently to the ground with a tight suffocating grip on her throat and she landed with a sickening crack in her left shoulder. He wasted no time in using Shunpo to get to her trembling figure on the ground and pieced his Zanpakuto right through her gut. Her eyes shot open and she screamed in agony.

"No Airi! Aizen get away from her!" Ichigo ran desperately to help his cousin only to be blocked by a Bakudo spell that Aizen could cast without the incantation.

"Bakudo no hachi jyu ichi: Danku. [Bakudo 81: Splitting void] You're interference is unwanted, Kurosaki Ichigo. You should be glad that I'm taking care of her first. Your cousin will be better off without watching when I finally kill you, don't you think so?" His eyes went wide as Aizen smirked and a portal appeared in front of him.

Lifting Airi with his Zanpakuto still deep in her gut, he shoved her into the portal.

"Ichigo!" She reached out helplessly as she felt the portal suck her in with a force she couldn't resist in her wounded state.

"AIRI!!!" Ichigo stretched his hand out to her as Aizen's barrier shattered.

He was so close to taking her hand and saving her but Aizen was quicker. In one sharp strike, Ichigo was sent flying backwards and Airi disappeared into the portal with no trace of her existence. The portal itself vanished as well and Ichigo dropped to his knees broken. He was dazed, looking in the direction of the portal that had vanished into thin air.

"Airi...." A grim silence enveloped the battlefield as the disappearance of Airi hung heavily in the air. The silence was dreadful....all until all the held back anger exploded from Kurosaki Ichigo.

"AIZEN!!!!!" Letting out every ounce of reiatsu he had within him and even transforming into his Vaizard form, Ichigo shot out at Aizen to get his revenge. He would not let him get away with doing something like this to his cousin he was so protective of. He knew he should never have allowed her to come here and help. He should have forced her to stay in Osaka where it was safe!

But it was too late now. The portal was gone. A forbidden summoning technique that allowed shinigami to send other people into the void, into a nonexistent space had been used by Aizen to get rid of Airi. Even someone as powerful as the Captain Commander wouldn't be able to reverse what happened. Everyone knew that....everyone knew that what happened just now was a great loss to both family and friends.

Airi was gone. She was gone and no one could ever get her back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So how was the prologue, guys? I am super excited that I finally uploaded this story as well as the original story!!! Cant wait to see your thought!!!

Vote!

COMMENT! COMMENT! COMMENT!!!!

:D