Chapter 18 - Kidnapped Lucy

Airi pov:

"I made us come here after all." I mumbled out looking up at the huge inn where all the members from Sabertooth were staying during the time of the tournament.

In between the feast held for our victory, Hanataro and I had sneaked out without anyone knowing. Well, I was the one who had dragged him here. But I was a little worried about Sting and Rogue. I remembered what Yukino had told us about her Guild. She was humiliated in front of everyone of the Guild, forced to erase her Guild insignia and then she was kicked out. Being guys, I was pretty sure that it would be even rougher than what Yukino had to go through.

Even if they weren't really our friends, I knew it was wrong for anyone to be treated that way because they lost in a tournament.

"Ano....why are we here, Airi san? Ah, I mean nee san...." I looked at Hanataro with a half hearted smile. He was adorable, blushing as he called me nee san. He was still getting used to it. He liked it but he was still a little embarrassed about being so informal with me. But he was so embarrassed that calling me nee chan was out of question.

"Ah, I'm sorry for dragging you here, Hanataro. I just wanted to check up on someone and make sure that they're okay. Although, I'm not so sure if I should just walk in uninvited...." I looked back at the big doors of the inn.

"Lets just go....we'll look from a good distance without being seen. When I make sure everything is okay, we'll leave." I let out a huff and the both of us jumped into the balcony on the first floor. I made swift movements, avoiding the places where I felt any minor maryoku.

I could sense most of the maryokus in the main hall Natsu and I broke into last time. Sting's and Rogue's was there too and they seemed unsteady. Their Master's maryoku was also unsteady and slowly rising in power.

It didn't take us long to get to the hall. Hanataro and I stayed at the ceiling level hiding in the darkness as we watched the scene in front of us. Sting and Rogue were wrapped in bandages and they were standing in front of their Master with their gazes downcast. The Master looked pretty angry sitting on his throne like chair with a bottle of wine on the table in front of him.

"Sting, Rogue, what the hell was that?" He almost sneered out. The Exceeds flinched and so did Hanataro but Sting and Rogue continued their downcast stare finding this normal.

"Hey, you two are Dragon Slayers, aren't you? You shoot your mouths off on a regular basis, saying how strong you are, don't you? But you were disgracefully beaten up....by a Dragon Slayer no less." He lectured. I rolled my eyes at his huffy attitude.

"Airi nee san....is it really okay for us to be here? These guys look scary....and that big guy sort of reminds me of Zaraki taichou." Hanataro mumbled hesitantly from beside me.

"Don't worry, Hanataro. This guys isn't even half as strong as Kenny. Besides, I'm here to protect you. So don't worry." I placed a hand on his head ruffling his hair. He gave me a half hearted smile though and we looked back ahead.

"Are you listening to me?!" The Master roared when the both of them didn't react to the lecturing.

"I have no words. We were completely defeated. Natsu overwhelmed us without using his flames cloaked in lightning. Your strength far exceeds what I had imagined....Natsu Dragneel." Rogue clenched his fists as he spoke. The last part though seemed to be his thoughts that slipped out.

Well, the Master didn't seem too happy to hear that. He was up in a moment, stomping his foot in front of them so hard that the floor cracked. He raised his maryoku and Sting and Rogue were thrown away from where they were standing by the effect of his maryoku. Rogue hit the wall pretty hard and fell to his knees while Sting rolled several times before meeting the wall in hard impact as well. I clenched my fists wanting to step out and help but this was a matter of their Guild. So I didn't want to interrupt unless really required.