Chapter 11 - Secret Revealed

Airi pov:

"So you think that you can defeat me by yourself, hmm?" Midnight mused as he watched me.

"Gahh!! Fairy Tail is just filled with such stupid brats! I cant believe a puny girl like her thinks she can beat us!" His talking skull staff spoke. But he shut up when I sent a rather menacing glare at him.

"I don't think so, I know I can defeat you on my own. Though, it is something that the others don't know." I said calmly, not taking my eyes off him.

"That's an amusing joke." Midnight closed his eyes not actually amused and I relaxed my stance for a moment.

"Say Midnight, can I ask you something before we seriously start fighting each other?" I asked making him open his eyes to look at me curiously.

"Ask me something? Is this really the time for you to be asking me something? Your precious friend, Lucy Heartfilia is being absorbed into the Infinity Clock as we speak. Shouldn't you be a little more concerned about defeating me and stopping the complete activation of the clock? Or perhaps you're all bark and no bite." He smirked. He was enjoying this. But I really did have to ask him the question in my mind. After all, if I wanted to, I could defeat him in mere seconds.

"I trust Natsu will be able to defeat Imitatia and I will be able to take care of you quickly, but I must ask this question. Why are you doing this?"

Midnight raised a brow at my question. I suppose it did sound sort of odd asking a villain why he was doing something bad. But after the vision and after the doubt that Ichigo nii had asked out loud, it made me think differently about people's actions. It made me want to put myself in their shoes and ask myself, 'why am I doing this?' It made me want to understand and not just vent out my anger because my feelings were hurt.

"What kind of stupid question is that? I merely want to fulfill my father's wish and destroy everything that has a form." He shrugged.

"Ah....so you're just a puppet taking over your father's unrealistic and unprofitable dream."

"Puppet? Watch your words, girl! We are the ones controlling everything! Because he had to give up on his father's love to attain this power! Oracion Seis will not lose!" The stick ranted and I sighed.

"The melancholic story of a kid and his father who refuse to face each other openly, instead talk about sacrificing their bond in order to become stronger. How predictable....and you think you have the power to fight a person who gets his power from something he wishes to protect? You sure have a twisted way of proving your goals." He was slightly taken aback by my question but I didn't give him time to reply to what I said.

"Anyway, I'll just ask you this to clarify my assumption by a hundred percent. Are you doing this because you are hurt or betrayed by someone and wish for them to go through pain you went through? Or perhaps, you are just stupidly sadistic." I stated nonchalantly.

"It doesn't matter. I don't care how you see it....but its time for you to shut that mouth of yours!" Yup, he was pissed off at my question. Although, I wasn't really able to understand the reason behind what Oracion Seis was doing because this guy was too stubborn to answer.

I sighed with my eyes closed as he sent out an attack of his dark maryoku. It was green and looked semi solid. I didn't move as it came towards me. Midnight was smirking madly but just as his maryoku reached me, I opened my eyes and slapped it away with my hand.

He gasped and so did Sammy. Whatever maryoku I had slapped away hit the side and caused an explosion. I stood unaffected though Midnight and Sammy shielded themselves slightly as debris rose around us.