Chapter 20 - Escape

Arcadios pov:

"Bankai: Tenshashugo Tenjú [Heaven's Guardian Divine Beast]" I could feel a shiver travel down my spine just like the other mages who stood around me.

From where that Fairy Tail mage was standing, there was a strong current of air that hit all of us head on with her as the source. Airi....I hadn't heard of her before. Perhaps she was a new member of the famous Guild. But she was powerful! She was taking on all five of the Garou Knights on her own! She had managed to hold out against them and just when the others were ready to step out and help her, she had confessed that she wasn't even using half her power!

What she said was definitely true. Even though I couldn't sense maryoku like the rest of these people, the very air around us had become thick and suffocating. It was almost like an invisible force that was weighing heavily on us. I was almost sure that the gravity had shot up too.

The wind around us died down and the debris that was blocking our view of Airi settled as well. When she came into view, my eyes went wide. In fact, I heard several gasps and the Garou Knights themselves seemed cautious now.

Airi had her back facing us. Her appearance hadn't really changed but her sword had. It was no longer a sword with rings on the blunt end of the blade. It was a simple sword, similar to the type she always carried in the sheath on her waist it was different in color though – a dark gray. She lifted her sword just an inch and the gray metal reflected the light in the cave, shimmering and literally radiating the power from within it. It was sleek but looked strong. The blade was sharp that just looking at it could make you feel the sting of a cut.

 The blade was sharp that just looking at it could make you feel the sting of a cut

"Reequipping?" I mumbled out not taking my eyes off her.

"No, its not reequipping like Erza." I looked to the side noticing someone who hadn't been here with us until now. He was dressed in a formal suit, had orange hair, ears on top of his head and wore glasses.

"Loke! When did you get here?" Lucy Heartfilia asked as she looked at him too.

"I can come to the human world from the celestial world without you summoning me, remember? I wanted to make sure that I was here to protect you in case something happened. I know Airi can handle stuff but I was worried. And I got back your keys." He handed the brown key pouch to Lucy and two of the remaining golden keys to Yukino.

"Thank you so much Loke! I was so worried that I wouldn't see my keys again!" Lucy literally hugged the brown pouch to herself and Yukio too got a look of relief as she looked at her two golden keys.

"You're a Celestial Spirit?" I asked him. He came to support me since I was pretty unbalanced on my feet. The Garou Knights had roughed me up quite a bit and Yukino had been helping me stand until now.

"That's right. I'm Loke. My Celestial name is Leo." He said as he brough one of my arms over his shoulder and wrapped his other arm around my torso to hold me up.